Egypt urges nationals to abide by Schengen travel rules
Egypt has urged its nationals willing to travel to any of the Schengen member states to get their visas only from the embassy of the desired European destination country in Cairo.
The move came as a number of Egyptian citizens were arrested at some European airports with entry visas belonging to a European country other than that they headed for, the ministry of foreign affairs said in an official statement on Thursday.
The ministry warned that violators would be fined and deported to the country they came from if they did not abide by the Schengen travel rules.
- Why it’s going to get easier for many travellers to visit Egypt
- Egypt introduces electronic tourist visas for the first time - joining Turkey and India
- Egypt aiming for 'seamless' travel with new e-visa system
- Travellers can now enroll with Egypt's Electronic Travel Authorization
- Electronic Visa System For Egypt to be launched later this year