Egypt e-Visa requirements for Malaysian citizens
If you thought traveling from Malaysia to Egypt was difficult, you should know that getting an Egypt visa for Malaysian citizens is now easier than ever. Since December 2017, more than 70 nationalities have gained the ability to apply online for an Egypt e-Visa, which means you no longer need to go to the Egyptian embassy and apply for a visa the old-fashioned way.
On the contrary, you can now get an e-Visa from home, whenever you want, and it only takes about 20 minutes. We'll help you with that, and to prove it, here's an article with some questions you might have.
Types of Egypt e-Visa for Malaysian citizens
Egypt visas for Malaysian passport holders are available in a variety of forms. Malaysians can either apply for an Egypt visa online in advance of the trip. The online application for the Egypt e-Visa was introduced to make the visa application process easier and more economical. It saves Malaysians the hassle of queuing at the Embassy or consulate for a visa.
The Egyptian e-Visa is available in two forms for Malaysian passport holders: A single-entry tourist visa and a multi-entry tourist visa.
- The Egypt single-entry Tourist e visa: This type of e visa is valid for 90 days from the granting date. Malaysian passengers are allowed to stay in Egypt for up to 30 days from the day they arrive in the country.
- The Egypt multi-entry Tourist e visa: is valid for 06 months from the issued date. This e visa allows for multiple entries within six months with each stay not exceeding 30 days.
Malaysians can apply for a visa at an Egyptian diplomatic mission for trips lasting more than 90 days. There are various types designed for various purposes and durations of time.
Egypt visa requirements for Malaysian citizens
The application process is simple, and you only need to meet a few Egypt visa requirements for Malaysian citizens. You must provide the following information for us to expedite your visa:
- A Malaysian passport with at least six months validity remaining from the date of departure to Egypt and 02 blank pages.
- A scan of the passport information page.
- A debit or credit card to pay the non-refundable application fee.
- An email address that you frequently use.
To ensure adequate processing time, Malaysian citizens should prepare these documents as soon as possible to apply for an Egypt e visa.
Apply Egypt e-Visa for Malaysian citizens
Applying for an Egypt e-Visa from Malaysia is extremely simple and convenient because travelers can access an application form in which you will fill out certain personal and passport information in minutes.
- Type of e visa
- The processing time
- Name in full
- The number on a passport
- Passport issuance/expiration date
- The contact phone number
- Email Address
- The reason for the trip to Egypt, as well as the date of arrival.
Before making payments for the e visa order, Malaysian citizens should carefully check all the details provided in the application form. Any mistakes, even typos, may result in the cancellation or disruption of the e visa process.
Malaysian applicants will be required to pay a processing fee after answering a few security questions as well as other health-related topics.
The result of the Egypt e-visa for Malaysian citizens will be sent to an email address that you have provided before. You can download and print out the result with a hard copy to enter at port.
Egypt e-Visa fee for Malaysian citizens and payment method
To complete your application for an Egypt e-visa for Malaysian citizens, you must pay two types of Egypt visa fees: The government fee and the Service fee via electronic payment (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and PayPal) or wire transfer (HSBC direct bank transaction).
You can also pay a small fee for COVID-19 insurance to keep your benefits when you travel to Egypt.
The government fee is compulsory because Malaysia is not on Egypt's exemption list.
Regarding the service fee, you currently have three options to select from, depending on the processing time you require:
- Normal: If you select this standardized service, you will receive your e-visa result within three business days.
- Urgent: With this option, you will receive your e-visa result within two working days.
- Super urgent: recommended for last-minute situations. If you choose this service, you will receive your e-visa result in just one working day.
- African Republic
- Aland Island
- American Samoa
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bonaire, ST. Eustatus, And Saba
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Bouvet Island
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- British Virgin Islands
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Islands
- Central African Republic