Egypt e-Visa requirements for Chinese citizens
Do Chinese citizens need a visa to enter Egypt? Yes, Chinese citizens are not permitted to enter Egypt without a visa. The Egyptian government introduced the Egypt e-Visa for Chinese citizens in 2017 to streamline and modernize the visa-issuing processes in Egypt.
The Egypt e-Visa application process for Chinese citizens is quick and easy. It is the most convenient choice for short-term visits to Egypt because it avoids the trouble of visiting an embassy or consulate or queuing at the border for a visa.
The following article will explain to you the information and requirements for an Egypt e-Visa as a Chinese citizen.
Types of Egypt e-Visa for Chinese citizens
As previously stated, Egypt's e-visa can alleviate the difficulties of a casual visa for tourism or short-term trips in general. To be more specific, if you need an Egypt visa for a stay of fewer than 30 days but you don't want to waste time and money applying for the casual type, which is valid for a long amount of stay, an e-Visa is a great option for you.
There are two types of Egypt e-Visas available (both of which are for tourism and visit purposes):
- An Egypt Tourist e-Visa (single entry): This type of e-visa is valid for 03 months from the issued date and permits you a duration of stay up to 30 days from the day you arrive in Egypt.
- An Egypt Tourist e-Visa (many entries): This form of e-visa allows you to enter Egypt as many times as you wish and stay in Egypt for up to 30 days per arrival. The validity of this visa is 06 months from the date of issuance, so keep in mind that you enter the country during this period.
Please note that these types of e-visas are not extendable.
Egypt e-Visa requirements for Chinese citizens
To apply for an Egyptian e-Visa, Chinese nationals must first have a Chinese passport valid for at least six months (counting from the date you arrive in Egypt.) Otherwise, your request may be denied. The following is a complete list of the Egypt e-Visa requirements for Chinese citizens:
- A valid passport with at least 02 blank pages for verification as well as a scanned copy of the information page.
- A valid credit/debit card or Paypal for payment of the Egypt visa fee.
- The email address is valid.
Because the Egyptian e-Visa will be issued over email, you must be extra cautious when typing it in. Before submitting the application form, you should double-check all the information and documents. Remember that the entire process and payment are completed online.
Chinese applicants must input a variety of information on the Egypt visa application form, including visa details (visa types, the processing time), and personal information (full name, address, date of birth, nationality, passport information, and travel time). There are also some questions about security and health.
It is important to provide complete and correct answers to all questions. Any errors or inaccuracies may cause issues, therefore candidates should carefully review any information they provide.
If your Egypt e-Visa is approved, you must print a hard copy to enter the airport.
Egypt e-Visa fee for Chinese citizens
To obtain an Egypt e-Visa, you must pay two types of Egypt visa fees: the Government fee and the Service fee via electronic payment (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and PayPal) or wire transfer (HSBC direct bank transaction).
The government fee is obligatory because China is not on the Egypt e visa exemption list.
About the service fee, you now have three service options to choose from, based on the processing time you require. Note that the more fee you pay, the faster the processing time is. Once you submit your visa application, you can expect to receive your Egypt e visa from 01 to 03 business days.
- Normal Processing: If you use this standardized service, you will obtain your e-visa result within three business days.
- Urgent Processing: If you choose this option, the e-visa result will be accessible in two business days.
- Super Urgent Processing: If you use this service, you will have your e-Visa in just one business day.
In addition, you can add a small fee for COVID-19 insurance to keep your benefits when traveling overseas and increase the chance of your application being accepted by the Government.
Egypt Visa Requirements for China Citizens FAQs
Chinese citizens need a visa to travel to Egypt. In fact, most foreign nationals require a visa to enter Egypt, including Chinese travelers.
The procedure for acquiring an Egyptian visa varies based on the reason for your travel. If you are visiting Egypt for tourism, you can acquire a tourist visa upon arrival at the airport or apply for visa online at Egypt Immigration Services website.
Currently, travelers can choose between two types of visas at Egypt Immigration Services as following:
- A single-entry e-visa is only valid for one trip and one entry into the nation within its three-month validity period. They have a total of 30 days to stay in this nation.
- The multiple-entry tourist e-visa does the same task as the single-entry version, but it permits visitors to enter Egypt numerous times and remain there for a total of 30 days each time.
It's important to note that visa requirements might change at any time, so verify with the relevant embassy or consulate before making travel arrangements. Furthermore, ensure that your passport is valid for at least six months after your scheduled departure date from Egypt.
If you're a Chinese citizen planning to visit Egypt, you'll need to obtain a visa before traveling. Fortunately, the Egyptian government has made the process easier by introducing e-Visas, which can be applied for and obtained entirely online.
There are two types of e-Visas available for Chinese citizens traveling to Egypt:
- Single-entry e-visa: This e-visa is intended for visitors to Egypt who will only be staying for one trip in order to sightsee and visit friends and family. Nevertheless, throughout the e-visa's three-month validity period, visitors are only permitted one entry into the country. To stay in this country, they have a total of 30 days.
- Multiple-entry e-visa: This e-visa serves the same purpose as a single-entry tourist e-visa, but visitors may use it to enter Egypt several times and stay for a total of 30 days on each trip.
First of all, you should check which type of visa you need to apply for. If you are traveling to Egypt for tourism or leisure purposes, you can apply for a tourist visa. This type of visa allows you to stay in Egypt for up to 30 days and can be valid for up to 60 days.
To apply for a tourist visa, you will need to submit the following documents:
- A completed visa application form
- A copy of your passport
- A scan of the biographical page of your passport
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
- A copy of your flight itinerary
- Proof of accommodation in Egypt, such as a hotel reservation (if any)
- A visa fee payment
You can apply for a tourist visa at the Egyptian Embassy in Beijing or through a travel agency. The processing time for a tourist visa is usually five business days.
Getting a visa for Egypt from China is a straightforward process, but it requires some effort and preparation. Chinese citizens must ensure that their passports will remain valid for a minimum of six months following their intended entry into Egypt. Egypt Immigration Services has thoughtfully designed a user-friendly application form, aiming to expedite and simplify the visa application procedure. Thanks to these innovations, Chinese travelers can comfortably complete the application form in approximately 15 minutes.
Chinese visitors can smoothly navigate the Egyptian e-visa application process by adhering to the following straightforward steps:
- Step 1: Input your personal particulars into the secure online application form. This includes details such as your complete name, gender, date of birth, passport number, as well as your intended arrival and departure dates in Egypt.
- Step 2: Chinese applicants should meticulously review the provided information to ensure its accuracy and completeness. Following this, they will proceed to electronically settle the e-visa fee using accepted methods such as Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and PayPal.
- Step 3: A confirmation email will be sent, verifying the successful submission of the visa application. Subsequently, the electronic visa application will undergo processing and approval, culminating in its delivery to the applicant via email.
- Step 4: It's important to print out the approved e-visa, as this document will serve as a vital companion during airport security checks and entry into Egypt.