Egypt e-Visa requirements for Spanish citizens
Egyptian authorities have introduced a new method for Spanish passport holders to obtain a visa before traveling to Egypt. The Egyptian Government launched the Egypt Tourist e-Visa for Spanish travelers with the hope of revitalizing Egypt's tourism industry.
The Egypt e-Visa for Spanish citizens is obtained online, which simplifies the process and eliminates the need for Spanish passengers to visit a consulate or embassy to get a visa prior to their trip.
1. Types of Egypt e-Visas for Spanish citizens
Any Spanish citizen intending to travel to Egypt for sightseeing, or recreation can obtain a Tourist e-Visa, which allows you to stay in the country for up to 30 days. For Spanish visitors, there are several Egyptian visa options available. You should keep reading to find out which Egyptian e-Visa is best for your trip.
The Egypt Tourist e-Visa for Spanish citizens is available in two forms: a single-entry tourist visa and a multi-entry tourist visa.
- The Egypt single-entry visa permits passengers to stay in Egypt for up to 30 days, but if you leave the country for any length, you cannot re-enter since this visa only allows a single entry. This type of e-Visa is only valid for 90 days from the date it is issued.
- The Egypt multi-entry visa permits multiple entries within six months. Spanish tourists can stay in Egypt for up to 30 days before departing and returning for another 30 days. A procedure that can be repeated within six months from the issuance date of this e-Visa.
2. Egypt visa requirements for Spanish citizens
There are a few visa requirements for Spanish citizens to apply for an Egyptian e-Visa:
- A Spanish passport with at least six months of validity remaining from the date the passenger arrives in Egypt, and a minimum of 02 blank pages for entry/exit stamps.
- A valid debit or credit card to pay the application fee, which is non-refundable.
- A valid email address to receive the Egyptian e-Visa once it is issued.
After the application is submitted, the response period will be a maximum of 03 business days if you apply for an Egypt e-Visa with Egypt Immigration Services. The result of the e-Visa application will be emailed to the address provided in the application form, so you should carefully check all the information to avoid any disruption of your e-Visa process.
Once the e-Visa has been obtained, Spanish visitors must print a paper copy and keep it with their passport to show the border officers.
Applicants must complete the Egyptian e-Visa application, and Spanish citizens must provide the following information:
- Types of e-Visa
- Processing time
- Full name as it appears in the passport
- Passport number and expiration date
- Date of birth
- Contact details
- Dates of traveling to and departing from Egypt.
3. Egypt e-Visa fee for Spanish citizens
By choosing this type of visa for your trip to Egypt, you can save a significant amount of money. Specifically, the total fee for an Egypt e-Visa for Spanish citizens is lower than the casual visa fee.
In general, you will pay 2 kinds of Egypt e-Visa fees when applying for an online visa: the government fee and the service fee. Also, you should consider adding a small amount of money for COVID-19 insurance to cover your benefits in case of an emergency. This insurance may also help your e-Visa application be easier to be accepted by the Egypt Government.
The government fee is compulsory because Spain is not on the exemption list in Egypt. Therefore, you must pay the fee if you are Spanish.
On the other hand, the service fee is adjustable based on the processing time you select:
- Normal: If you choose this service type, you will receive your e-visa in 03 business days.
- Urgent: The higher service allows you to receive your e-visa earlier since it takes less time to process your application. With this service, you can expect to get your Egypt e-Visa within 02 business days.
- Super urgent: Getting an e-visa result within 01 business day is possible with this service type. This is the highest level of priority you can receive.
Payment methods: You can pay by electronic transfer (via credit card, PayPal, American Express, and Mastercard) or wire transfer (direct transfer to HSBC bank).