Egypt e-Visa requirements for Irish citizens - Egypt Immigration
Egypt, one of the world's most famous tourist destinations, has just launched a new electronic visa system for foreign visitors who seek to visit the country. At the moment, the e-Visa is only available to citizens of certain countries, including Ireland.
The Egypt e-Visa for Irish citizens is designed to be quick and simple to obtain. The entire application is completed online, and once approved, the visa is also received in digital format. There is no need to go to an Egyptian embassy or wait in long lines at the airport.
Types of Egypt e-Visa for Irish citizens:
Citizens of more than 70 countries are eligible for an e visa to enter Egypt, including Ireland. Irish citizens must obtain a permit before crossing Egyptian borders. Irish citizens are fortunate in that they can now apply for the new online visa, which allows them to visit Egypt for tourism purposes and stay for short periods.
Egypt e-Visa for Irish citizens offers two kinds of e-Visas:
- Single-entry e-Visa: It allows Irish citizens to enter Egypt only once. The single-entry online visa is valid for three months from the issued date, and Irish e-Visa holders are permitted to stay in Egypt for 30 days from the day they arrive in the country.
- Multiple-entry e-Visa: Holders from Ireland can travel to Egypt several times during the 6-month validity period. However, each stay is limited to 30 days. If an Irish citizen needs to enter Egypt for reasons other than tourism, they will need to apply for a different visa. The Egyptian embassy in Ireland will be able to assist Irish citizens in determining the appropriate type of visa and applying for it.
Egypt e-Visa requirements for Irish citizens
Egypt e-visa requirements for Irish citizens include the following:
- An Irish passport that is valid for at least 06 months after the intended date of arrival in Egypt, with a minimum of 02 blank pages for verification.
- A debit or credit card is required for e-Visa fees.
- A valid email address in order to receive an Egypt e-Visa.
Irish visitors must print a valid e-Visa and bring it with them to Egypt. It is critical that they have the same Irish passport they used during the application process. The e-Visa is directly linked to a single passport, and if a holder of an e-Visa presents a different document, their visa will be deemed invalid, and they will be denied entry.
Apply for an Egypt visa as Irish citizens
Each sort of visa has its own set of requirements and application process. Applying for an Egypt e-Visa is the quickest and most convenient way to obtain a travel permit for Egypt, and it only takes a few minutes.
To begin the application, all Irish citizens require is a stable internet connection. They can make their request from any location on the planet, including their home or office.
The Egypt e-Visa application process for Irish citizens is straightforward and may be done online in three steps:
- Fill out the application form completely. An application form is a short form that will ask for the following details: Personal information (full name, date of birth, and place of birth), Number of the passport, and Travel information (the arrival date and departure)
- Pay the processing cost for your e-Visa.
- Receive your approved visa via email.
With Egypt Immigration & e-Visa Portal, the maximum processing time is within 03 working days. All applicants must give true and correct information. Incomplete or incorrect information may cause a visa application to be delayed or even refused.
Egypt e-Visa fee for Irish citizens:
To obtain an Egypt visa for Irish citizens, you must pay two types of Egypt visa fees: the Government fee and a service fee. Because Ireland is not on Egypt's exemption list, Irish travelers must pay the Government fee.
Regarding the service fee, you can select one of three service options, which are as follows:
- Normal service: This is the least expensive option. You will receive your Egypt visa in three business days.
- Urgent service: If you select this advanced service, you will receive your e-Visa result within two working days.
- Super urgent: If you require your Egypt e-visa as soon as possible. You can expect to receive an Egypt e-visa within one working day if you use this service.
Travelers from Ireland can pay their Egypt e-Visa fees via electronic transfer (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Paypal) or wire transfer (HSBC bank transfer).
Additionally, we recommend that you purchase Covid-19 Insurance. You will be covered for many risks, including the Covid-19 when you are not in your home country. It is important to note that this is an optional coverage that you can choose to purchase depending on your needs.
- African Republic
- Aland Island
- American Samoa
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bonaire, ST. Eustatus, And Saba
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Bouvet Island
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- British Virgin Islands
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Islands
- Central African Republic