Egypt e-Visa requirements for Belgian citizens
Egypt established an e-Visa system, allowing residents from more than 70 countries to apply for a visa online before traveling to the country. The goal is to enhance and streamline the visa granting system so that foreign visitors can visit this renowned tourist site more easily.
Are you a Belgian citizen planning a vacation to Egypt? Let’s keep reading this article to find out the prerequisites for an Egypt visa for Belgian citizens, as well as fees and other crucial details.
Egypt e-Visa for Belgian citizens
Belgian citizens who desire to travel to Egypt for tourism must obtain a visa, just like citizens of most other countries. Applicants must also specify whether they intend to enter the country only once or request a multiple-entry visa. The types of Egypt e-visas for Belgian citizens are listed below.
- Egypt Tourist e-visa (single entry): The single entry e-visa is valid for 30 days from the date of issuance, allowing Belgian nationals to stay in Egypt for up to 30 days from the day they arrive in the country.
- Egypt Tourist e-visa (multiple entries): The multiple entries e-visa allows for an infinite number of entries into the nation within 06 months from the issued date, with each stay not exceeding 30 days.
If the purpose of the trip is other than leisure and family visits, such as seeking employment or working in Egypt, the traveler will need to obtain other types of visas, such as a work permit or a business visa at the Egypt Embassy or Consulate in Belgium.
Egypt visa requirements for Belgian citizens
Before applying for an Egypt online visa, Belgian citizens must fulfill a variety of Egypt visa conditions. To apply for an Egypt e-visa, Belgian citizens must have:
- A valid Belgian passport with a validity period of at least six months after entering the country is also required. In addition, there must be at least 02 unused pages in the passport for entry/exit stamps.
- A valid credit or debit card is required for online payment of the Egypt visa fee.
- An email address that is valid for receiving e-Visa approval.
If all requirements are met, the Egypt e-Visa will be issued in a maximum of 03 business days. Applicants must have a printed copy of the visa in addition to the online confirmation. The visa must be presented with the passport to the Immigration Officers upon arrival in Egypt.
Apply for an Egypt e-Visa as Belgian citizens
Obtaining an Egyptian visa is a simple process for Belgian citizens. There is no need to contact or visit the Egyptian embassy in Belgium. Belgian citizens must use our website to access the online application form and enter the following personal information:
- The entire name should be typed exactly as it appears on the passport.
- Date and place of birth
- Citizenship country
- The gender
- Email address and phone number
- Passport number
- Date of arrival and departure.
To avoid the cancellation of your visa application, you must provide correct and complete information on your visa application form. Before submitting the application form, you need to double-check all the information you have provided since any mistakes or inaccurate information may result in the delay of your visa processing.
Egypt e-Visa fee for Belgian citizens
After completing the form, the applicant will be required to pay the Egypt e-Visa fee via electronic payment or wire transfer (HSBC Bank Transfer). You should use Visa, Master Card, PayPal, or American Express to make electronic payments.
There are two kinds of fees you need to pay when applying online for an Egypt e-Visa for Belgian citizens, which are called the Egypt Service Fee and the Government Fee.
The government fee is mandatory because Belgium is not currently on Egypt's exemption list.
Regarding the service fee, you currently have three options to choose from, depending on the processing time you require:
- Normal: If you select this standard service, you will obtain your e-visa result within three business days.
- Urgent: You can get your e-visa result in two working days if you use this service option.
- Super urgent: This service is recommended when an e-visa is required as soon as possible. You can receive the e-visa result within 01 working days if you select this service.
In addition, we recommend that you pay a small fee for COVID-19 insurance to keep your benefits when traveling abroad.