US citizens can not stay in Egypt if they do not have a valid visa. In order to travel and stay in Egypt, US travelers must obtain a visa. Fortunately, US citizens are eligible to apply for an Egypt e-visa. In 2017, the Egyptian government approved the online visa program for over 70 countries to apply for an e-visa, including the United States.
The length of stay in Egypt depends on the type of visa that US travelers choose to apply. Typically, there are 2 main types of Egyptian e-visas:
- Tourist e-visa for single entry: This visa gives US travelers permission to stay in Egypt for 30 days.
- Tourist e-visa for multiple entries: Travelers from the US who use this type of e-visa can stay in Egypt for a maximum of 30 days for each entry.
US candidates can submit an online application for an Egypt e-visa by themselves or through Egypt Immigration Services. The US citizens should make sure they have enough prerequisites before starting the procedure. For the US nationals, the Egypt e-visa requirements are as straightforward as the following:
- A passport that is still valid six months after the date of entry in Egypt.
- At least two blank pages in the passports are required for visa verification.
- A photocopy of the biographical page of the passport (with full information, not missing any details, lines).
- A color portrait photo of the candidate personally ( with full face and formal clothes).