Egypt e-Visa requirements for US citizens - Egypt Immigration
Egypt is a mysterious land of Africa that can be considered one of the most attractive places in the world. Whenever people talk about Africa, most mention Egypt as a destination you should visit the most, and American citizens are not an exception.
Egypt has been one of the most visited countries in Africa recently. As a result, the transportation demand to this country is increasing gradually.
Knowing that phenomenon, the Egyptian government decided to release a solution to make foreigner trips to Egypt easier, an Egypt electronic visa (Egypt e-visa).
This type of visa can solve many disadvantages: processing time, fee, and effort. You can complete it online and not need to spend time waiting for hours at the embassy to get your result.
In this article, you will have all the information about Egypt e-visa, containing Egypt visa requirements for US citizens and how to get it effortlessly.
1. Egypt e-visa for US citizens:
As mentioned before, Egypt's e-visa can solve the disadvantages of the casual visa for tourism or short-term trips in general. To be more specific, if you need to get an Egypt visa to stay no longer than 30 days but still have to spend time and money to apply for the casual type that is only suitable for a long period of stay, e-visa is an ideal choice for you.
In total, there are 02 available types of Egypt e-visa that you can choose from (note: these types are all for tourism and visit purposes):
- An Egypt e-visa (single entry): this type of e-visa allows you to stay in Egypt for up to 30 days from your arrival date. The validity of this type is 90 days from the issued date.
- An Egypt e-visa (multiple entries): this type of e-visa allows you to enter Egypt many times you wish and can stay in Egypt for up to 30 days for each arrival. This type has a validity of 6 months from the issued date.
Note: these types of e-visa are non-extendable.
2. Egypt e-Visa requirements for US citizens
The United States citizens can apply for an Egypt visa online and receive a tourist visa before entering the country.
For the online application, applicants will have required to submit these documents to meet the Egypt visa requirement for US citizens:
- A US passport is valid for at least six months from the intended date of arrival in Egypt.
- A valid credit/debit card or Paypal for payment of the Egypt visa fee.
- A valid email address to receive the Egypt e-Visa result once it is approved/rejected
For US citizens, an Egyptian visa application must be filed at least seven days before the desired entry date to the country to ensure adequate processing time.
3. How to Apply Egypt Visa for the US citizens
The application form of Egypt e-visa for US citizens is straightforward and easy to complete. In the online form, applicants must enter the following personal, passport, and travel details:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- The phone number for contact
- Email address
- The date of arrival & departure
Please make sure that all the information on the application is accurate before submitting the form.
After choosing the payment method via Visa, Mastercard, or American Express card. When everything is alright, the result will be sent to your email address that you gave, no more than 3 days.
If it’s approved, you have to print out a hard copy to enter at the airport.
4. Egypt visa fee for US citizens and payment method:
To complete your application process to get Egypt e-visa for US citizens, you need to pay 02 kinds of Egypt visa fees: the government and the service fee by using an electronic payment (Visa, MasterCard, Amex, and Paypal) or wire transfer (HSBC direct bank transaction).
In addition, you can add a small fee for COVID-19 insurance to keep your benefits when traveling overseas.
For the government fee, it is compulsory since the United States of America is not on the exemption list of Egypt. About the service fee, currently, there are 03 service options for you to select, depending on the processing time you require:
- Normal: you will receive your e-visa result within 03 business days if you choose this standardized service.
- Urgent: with this choice, you can get your e-visa result within 02 working days.
- Super urgent: recommended for rush cases. You can get your e-visa result within just 01 working days if you choose this type of service.
- African Republic
- Aland Island
- American Samoa
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bonaire, ST. Eustatus, And Saba
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Bouvet Island
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- British Virgin Islands
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Islands
- Central African Republic