Egypt e-Visa requirements for US citizens - Egypt Immigration
- 1. Types of Egypt e-Visa for US citizens
- 2. Egypt e-Visa requirements for US citizens
- 3. How to Apply for an Egypt e-Visa from the USA
- 4. Egypt e-Visa fee for US citizens and payment method from the USA
Egypt is a mysterious land of Africa that can be considered one of the most attractive places in the world. Whenever people talk about Africa, most mention Egypt as a destination you should visit the most, and American citizens are not an exception.
Egypt has recently become one of Africa's most popular tourist destinations. As a result, the transportation demand in this country is increasing gradually.
Knowing that phenomenon, the Egyptian government decided to release a solution to make foreigner trips to Egypt easier, an Egypt electronic visa (Egypt e-visa).
This type of visa can solve many disadvantages: processing time, fee, and effort. You can complete it online and not need to spend time waiting for hours at the embassy to get your result.
In this article, you will have all the information about the Egypt eVisa, containing Egypt e-Visa requirements for US citizens and how to get it effortlessly.
1. Types of Egypt e-Visa for US citizens
As mentioned before, Egypt's e-visa can solve the disadvantages of the casual visa for tourism or short-term trips in general. To be more specific, if you need to get an Egypt visa to stay no longer than 30 days but still have to spend time and money to apply for the casual type that is only suitable for an extended period of stay, an e-visa is an ideal choice for you.
In total, there are 02 available types of Egypt e-visa that you can choose from (note: these types are all for tourism and visit purposes):
- An Egypt e-Visa with a single entry: This type of e-Visa permits you to stay in Egypt for up to 30 days from the day of your arrival. The validity of this type of e-Visa is 90 days from the granted date.
- An Egypt e-visa with multiple entries: this sort of e-Visa allows you to enter Egypt many times you wish and can stay in Egypt for up to 30 days for each arrival. This type of electronic visa has a validity of 6 months from the date of grant.
Note: these types of e-Visa are non-extendable.
2. Egypt e-Visa requirements for US citizens
The United States citizens can apply for an Egypt visa online and receive a tourist visa before entering the country.
For the online application, applicants will have required to submit these documents to meet the Egypt visa requirement for US citizens:
- A US passport must really be valid for at least 6 months beyond the scheduled date of entry into Egypt.
- A valid credit/debit card or Paypal for payment of the Egypt visa fee.
- A valid email address to receive the Egypt electronic visa (e-Visa) result once it is approved/rejected.
For US citizens, an Egyptian visa application must be filed at least seven days before the desired entry date to the country to ensure adequate processing time.
3. How to Apply for an Egypt e-Visa from the USA
The application form for Egypt's e-Visa for citizens of the USA is straightforward and easy to complete. In the online form, applicants must enter the following passport, travel details, and also personal information:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- The telephone number for the contact
- Email address
- The date of arrival & departure
Please double-check all application details after completing and submitting.
After choosing the payment method via Visa, Mastercard, or American Express card. When everything is alright, the result will be sent to the email address that you gave, in no more than 3 days.
If it’s approved, you have to print out a hard copy to enter at the airport.
4. Egypt e-Visa fee for US citizens and payment method from the USA
To complete your application process to get an Egypt e-Visa for nationals of the USA, you need to pay two (02) kinds of fees for an Egypt e-Visa: the fee from the government and the service fee by using an electronic payment (Visa, MasterCard, Amex, and Paypal) or wire transfer (HSBC direct bank transaction).
You can also pay a little fee for COVID-19 insurance to protect your advantages when going abroad.
For the government fee, it is compulsory since the United States of America is not on the exemption list in Egypt. About the service fee, currently, there are 03 service options for you to select, depending on the processing time you require:
- Normal Services: If you select this standardized service, you will receive your e-Visa results within three (3) working days.
- Urgent Service: with this choice, you can get your e-Visa of Egypt result within two (02) working days.
- Super urgent Service: recommended for urgent circumstances. If you use this sort of service, you will receive your e-visa results in only one working day.
Egypt Visa Requirements for United States of America Citizens FAQs
The Government Fee and Service Fee are the two main types of visa fees that US residents must pay in order to apply for a visa to Egypt. US applicants must pay the Government Fee in order for the Egypt Immigration Department to complete their application. The kind of visas US people wish to apply for determines this. The government charge that US citizens must pay for each type of visa is shown below:
- Single-entry Tourist e-visa: $75.00 for each person
- Multiple-entry Tourist e-visa: $110.00 for each person
The Visa Service Fee is $69 for US citizens. If US candidates choose an Urgent or Super Urgent service, the cost could increase. The bigger amount they must pay, the quicker they want their visa. Egypt Immigration Services now offers three different types of processing times for visa applications:
- Standard: Visas can be obtained by US applicants in three business days. US citizens can utilize this service for $69.00.
- Urgent: US applicants who want their visas to arrive within two business days must pay an extra fee of $79.00.
- Super Urgent: For an additional $99.00 cost, this option enables US citizens to acquire their visa in under 24 working hours.
US citizens can not stay in Egypt if they do not have a valid visa. In order to travel and stay in Egypt, US travelers must obtain a visa. Fortunately, US citizens are eligible to apply for an Egypt e-visa. In 2017, the Egyptian government approved the online visa program for over 70 countries to apply for an e-visa, including the United States.
The length of stay in Egypt depends on the type of visa that US travelers choose to apply. Typically, there are 2 main types of Egyptian e-visas:
- Tourist e-visa for single entry: This visa gives US travelers permission to stay in Egypt for 30 days.
- Tourist e-visa for multiple entries: Travelers from the US who use this type of e-visa can stay in Egypt for a maximum of 30 days for each entry.
US candidates can submit an online application for an Egypt e-visa by themselves or through Egypt Immigration Services. The US citizens should make sure they have enough prerequisites before starting the procedure. For the US nationals, the Egypt e-visa requirements are as straightforward as the following:
- A passport that is still valid six months after the date of entry in Egypt.
- At least two blank pages in the passports are required for visa verification.
- A photocopy of the biographical page of the passport (with full information, not missing any details, lines).
- A color portrait photo of the candidate personally ( with full face and formal clothes).
The process to obtain an Egypt e-visa is quite simple and quick. Just using electronic devices, US nationals can apply for an e-visa within a few minutes. Before applying, US citizens must ensure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months from the date they arrive in Egypt. The Egypt Immigration Services has created a very straightforward application form for applicants in an effort to speed up and simplify the visa application procedure. US travelers only need 15 minutes to finish thanks to this system.
The following is 4 simple steps for US travelers can do to apply for an Egyptian e-visa easily:
Step 1: Complete the safe online application form by entering your personal data, including your complete name, gender, date of birth, passport number, and arrival and departure dates.
Step 2: To ensure that the information is complete and accurate, Canadian people should review it twice. After that, they will use electronic payment to pay the e-visa charge (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and PayPal).
Step 3: Obtain an email confirming the submission of their visa application. The e-Visa application will be handled electronically and approved before being mailed to the applicant.
Step 4: Print the e-visa result out and bring it to the airport in order to be stamped.
Every US citizen must obtain a valid visa to stay in Egypt. Without a visa, US citizens can not stay anywhere in the Arab Republic of Egypt. Because US citizens are not in the visa-free nationalities list for entering Egypt, they must request for a traditional or e-visa. Nowadays, US citizens can save a lot of time and money by applying for a visa online which eliminates the process of managing complicated paperworks and interviewing with the Embassy.
US citizens may now apply for Egypt e-visas, which is easier and more practical. More than 70 nations have so far been able to use this online visa. With this type of e-visa, US travelers can stay in Egypt for 30 days or more depending on their types of visa they choose. When they arrive in Egypt, they must show a US passport that is still valid for at least six months that is linked with their e-visa approval.
For anyone who wishes to come to Egypt, they must apply for a visa. However, Egypt's electronic visa is only used for tourism and leisure purposes. Others who want to come to Egypt for another reason must apply for a casual visa at the Embassies.
Definitely yes, US citizens completely get a valid e-visa for entering the country. There are 2 ways that the US nationals can apply:
- First method: US citizens can apply for a traditional visa at the Egypt Embassies or Consulates that are located near their residence.
- Second method: US citizens can apply online for an e-visa through Egypt Immigration Services.
Since 2017, the Egyptian government has allowed the United States as one of the countries that can apply for an e-visa online for tourism and visiting reasons. Generally, there are two types of Egypt e-visa for US travelers to apply for:
- Single-entry e-visa: Is valid for 3 months from the date of entry and allows for a stay duration of 30 days in total.
- Multiple-entry e-visa: Is valid for 6 months from the arrival date and has a 30 days stay for each visit during the validity period.
The Egypt Immigration Services is available to assist US nationals and make the procedure simpler for you. Travelers from the US do not have to wait in a lengthy line at the Embassy to acquire a visa because the entire procedure is done online. It will be able to save a ton of time by working in this way. The applicants' email addresses will be used to receive the visa after it has been granted.
The quickest and best method for US visitors to travel to and discover wonderful Egypt is with an e-visa. Depending on the visa processing services they chose in their application, US applicants often obtain their visa in 1 to 3 business days. If US citizens want to get an e-visa sooner, they can apply for Rush Visa service. They should be aware that their decision will affect the overall cost of their visa. For the duration of their visa's processing, US nationals have three alternatives from the Egypt Immigration Services:
- Regular service: This choice is appropriate and common for US visitors on tight budget travel plans. Within three business days, they will be notified of the visa decision via email.
- Urgent service: Those who use this service will have their Egypt e-visa in just two working days.
- Rush Visa service: Currently, this is the fastest choice. Within a day, US citizens may get their Egypt e-visa.
Before applying, US travelers must understand e-visa requirements in order to make the process smoother. After submitting the application form, US travelers can check their e-visa status by clicking the “Check Status” button. The processing result will be sent to your email after 30 minutes.