Egypt e-Visa requirements for US citizens - Egypt Immigration
Egypt is a mysterious land of Africa that can be considered one of the most attractive places in the world. Whenever people talk about Africa, most mention Egypt as a destination you should visit the most, and American citizens are not an exception.
Egypt has recently become one of Africa's most popular tourist destinations. As a result, the transportation demand in this country is increasing gradually.
Knowing that phenomenon, the Egyptian government decided to release a solution to make foreigner trips to Egypt easier, an Egypt electronic visa (Egypt e-visa).
This type of visa can solve many disadvantages: processing time, fee, and effort. You can complete it online and not need to spend time waiting for hours at the embassy to get your result.
In this article, you will have all the information about the Egypt eVisa, containing Egypt e-Visa requirements for US citizens and how to get it effortlessly.
1. Types of Egypt e-Visa for US citizens
As mentioned before, Egypt's e-visa can solve the disadvantages of the casual visa for tourism or short-term trips in general. To be more specific, if you need to get an Egypt visa to stay no longer than 30 days but still have to spend time and money to apply for the casual type that is only suitable for an extended period of stay, an e-visa is an ideal choice for you.
In total, there are 02 available types of Egypt e-visa that you can choose from (note: these types are all for tourism and visit purposes):
- An Egypt e-Visa with a single entry: This type of e-Visa permits you to stay in Egypt for up to 30 days from the day of your arrival. The validity of this type of e-Visa is 90 days from the granted date.
- An Egypt e-visa with multiple entries: this sort of e-Visa allows you to enter Egypt many times you wish and can stay in Egypt for up to 30 days for each arrival. This type of electronic visa has a validity of 6 months from the date of grant.
Note: these types of e-Visa are non-extendable.
2. Egypt e-Visa requirements for US citizens
The United States citizens can apply for an Egypt visa online and receive a tourist visa before entering the country.
For the online application, applicants will have required to submit these documents to meet the Egypt visa requirement for US citizens:
- A US passport must really be valid for at least 6 months beyond the scheduled date of entry into Egypt.
- A valid credit/debit card or Paypal for payment of the Egypt visa fee.
- A valid email address to receive the Egypt electronic visa (e-Visa) result once it is approved/rejected.
For US citizens, an Egyptian visa application must be filed at least seven days before the desired entry date to the country to ensure adequate processing time.
3. How to Apply for an Egypt e-Visa from the USA
The application form for Egypt's e-Visa for citizens of the USA is straightforward and easy to complete. In the online form, applicants must enter the following passport, travel details, and also personal information:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- The telephone number for the contact
- Email address
- The date of arrival & departure
Please double-check all application details after completing and submitting.
After choosing the payment method via Visa, Mastercard, or American Express card. When everything is alright, the result will be sent to the email address that you gave, in no more than 3 days.
If it’s approved, you have to print out a hard copy to enter at the airport.
4. Egypt e-Visa fee for US citizens and payment method from the USA
To complete your application process to get an Egypt e-Visa for nationals of the USA, you need to pay two (02) kinds of fees for an Egypt e-Visa: the fee from the government and the service fee by using an electronic payment (Visa, MasterCard, Amex, and Paypal) or wire transfer (HSBC direct bank transaction).
You can also pay a little fee for COVID-19 insurance to protect your advantages when going abroad.
For the government fee, it is compulsory since the United States of America is not on the exemption list in Egypt. About the service fee, currently, there are 03 service options for you to select, depending on the processing time you require:
- Normal Services: If you select this standardized service, you will receive your e-Visa results within three (3) working days.
- Urgent Service: with this choice, you can get your e-Visa of Egypt result within two (02) working days.
- Super urgent Service: recommended for urgent circumstances. If you use this sort of service, you will receive your e-visa results in only one working day.