Egypt e-Visa requirements for UK residents
Egypt remains one of the top tourist destinations not just in the Middle East but also worldwide. The North African country attracts millions of tourists each year from around the world. In 2015, officials announced that most tourists (including UK citizens) would need an Egyptian visa to enter the country. Some of those countries are eligible for an Egypt electronic visa (Egypt e-Visa), which allows them to apply for a visa more quickly.
In this article, you will learn about an Egypt e-visa for UK residents, including Egypt visa requirements for UK citizens and steps you need to take to get it effortlessly.
1. Egypt e-visa for UK citizens
As previously stated, Egyptian e-visa can alleviate the drawbacks of a casual visa for tourism or short-term visits in general. To be more specific, if you need an Egypt visa for less than 30 days but don't want to waste time and money applying for the casual kind, which is only valid for a long amount of stay, e-visa is a great option for you.
There are two sorts of Egypt e-visas for UK citizens to choose (remember, these are all for tourist and visit purposes):
- An Egypt Tourist e-visa (single entry) is valid for 3 months from the issued date. If you use this sort of visa, you can stay in Egypt for no longer than 30 days from the date of your arrival.
- An Egypt Tourist e-visa (multiple entries) has a validity of 6 months from the date it is issued. This form of e-visa permits you to enter Egypt as many times as you wish and remain for up to 30 days on each visit.
In addition, please keep in mind that these e-visas are not extendable.
2. Egypt e-Visa requirements for UK citizens
Citizens of the United Kingdom (UK) must hold a valid e-Visa to enter Egypt. In some cases, passport holders from the United Kingdom may be able to apply for an e-Visa before their travel to Egypt, depending on the purpose of their trip and its duration.
For UK residents to apply for an Egyptian e-Visa, the following requirements need to be met:
- A valid UK passport is valid for at least six months after the intended date of entry to Egypt and has at least 02 blank pages to get entry and exit stamps.
- An email address so that you can update your application status regularly and get your Egypt e-visa.
Once you receive your Egypt e-visa via email, you should print it out before traveling and bring it with you. In addition, it is necessary to keep a copy of your Egypt e visa in case you need to show it to the authorities while staying in Egypt.
Additionally, to the requirements listed above, travelers must also provide some information to obtain an e-Visa:
- Full name as it appears on their passport
- The date of birth
- Passport number
- Your date of arrival/departure
3. Egypt visa fee for UK residents
To complete the whole application process, you need to pay a total fee. There are two kinds of fees you need to pay when applying online for an Egypt e-Visa for UK residents, which are called the Egypt Service Fee and the Government Fee.
The government fee regulated by the Egyptian authority is compulsory for you because your country of origin (UK) is currently not on the exemption list of Egypt.
The service fee, on the other hand, can be adjustable because it is up to your choice of processing time. In total, there are 03 service options available for you to select as following:
- Normal: You can get your e-visa result within 03 working days if you choose this standardized service.
- Urgent: With this type of service, your processing time is faster than usual. Following that, you will get your e-visa within 02 working days.
- Super urgent: This service has the fastest processing time so far. If you use this sort of service, you are able to expect to obtain your e-visa result within 01 working days.
Regarding payment methods, you can use electronic payment or wire transfer (HSBC Bank Transfer) to pay for your Egypt e-visa charge. For electronic payment, you should consider Visa, Master Card, PayPal, or American Express.