Egypt e-Visa requirements for UK residents
- 1. Egypt e-visa for UK citizens
- 2. Egypt e-Visa requirements for UK citizens
- 3. Egypt visa fee for UK residents
Egypt remains one of the top tourist destinations not just in the Middle East but also worldwide. The North African country attracts millions of tourists each year from around the world. In 2015, officials announced that most tourists (including UK citizens) would need an Egyptian visa to enter the country. Some of those countries are eligible for an Egypt electronic visa (Egypt e-Visa), which allows them to apply for a visa more quickly.
In this article, you will learn about an Egypt e-visa for UK residents, including Egypt visa requirements for UK citizens and steps you need to take to get it effortlessly.
1. Egypt e-visa for UK citizens
As previously stated, Egyptian e-visa can alleviate the drawbacks of a casual visa for tourism or short-term visits in general. To be more specific, if you need an Egypt visa for less than 30 days but don't want to waste time and money applying for the casual kind, which is only valid for a long amount of stay, e-visa is a great option for you.
There are two sorts of Egypt e-visas for UK citizens to choose (remember, these are all for tourist and visit purposes):
- An Egypt Tourist e-visa (single entry) is valid for 3 months from the issued date. If you use this sort of visa, you can stay in Egypt for no longer than 30 days from the date of your arrival.
- An Egypt Tourist e-visa (multiple entries) has a validity of 6 months from the date it is issued. This form of e-visa permits you to enter Egypt as many times as you wish and remain for up to 30 days on each visit.
In addition, please keep in mind that these e-visas are not extendable.
2. Egypt e-Visa requirements for UK citizens
Citizens of the United Kingdom (UK) must hold a valid e-Visa to enter Egypt. In some cases, passport holders from the United Kingdom may be able to apply for an e-Visa before their travel to Egypt, depending on the purpose of their trip and its duration.
For UK residents to apply for an Egyptian e-Visa, the following requirements need to be met:
- A valid UK passport is valid for at least six months after the intended date of entry to Egypt and has at least 02 blank pages to get entry and exit stamps.
- An email address so that you can update your application status regularly and get your Egypt e-visa.
Once you receive your Egypt e-visa via email, you should print it out before traveling and bring it with you. In addition, it is necessary to keep a copy of your Egypt e visa in case you need to show it to the authorities while staying in Egypt.
Additionally, to the requirements listed above, travelers must also provide some information to obtain an e-Visa:
- Full name as it appears on their passport
- The date of birth
- Passport number
- Your date of arrival/departure
3. Egypt visa fee for UK residents
To complete the whole application process, you need to pay a total fee. There are two kinds of fees you need to pay when applying online for an Egypt e-Visa for UK residents, which are called the Egypt Service Fee and the Government Fee.
The government fee regulated by the Egyptian authority is compulsory for you because your country of origin (UK) is currently not on the exemption list of Egypt.
The service fee, on the other hand, can be adjustable because it is up to your choice of processing time. In total, there are 03 service options available for you to select as following:
- Normal: You can get your e-visa result within 03 working days if you choose this standardized service.
- Urgent: With this type of service, your processing time is faster than usual. Following that, you will get your e-visa within 02 working days.
- Super urgent: This service has the fastest processing time so far. If you use this sort of service, you are able to expect to obtain your e-visa result within 01 working days.
Regarding payment methods, you can use electronic payment or wire transfer (HSBC Bank Transfer) to pay for your Egypt e-visa charge. For electronic payment, you should consider Visa, Master Card, PayPal, or American Express.
Egypt Visa Requirements for United Kingdom Citizens FAQs
If they do not have a valid visa, UK nationals are not permitted to stay in Egypt. UK citizens must obtain a visa in order to enter and stay in Egypt for a short period of time. Thankfully, UK citizens can apply for an Egypt e-visa. The online visa program for more than 70 nations, including the United Kingdom, to apply for an e-visa was approved by the Egyptian government in 2017.
The type of visa that UK visitors select to apply for determines how long they can stay in Egypt. Egyptian e-visas generally are classified into one of two categories:
- Single-entry visa: UK citizens who have this visa are allowed to enter Egypt once and stay for 30 days for tourism purposes.
- Multiple-entry visa: Travelers from the UK who utilize this sort of tourist e-visa may stay in Egypt for no more than 30 days for each entry. This e-visa is also for tourism only.
The Egyptian government has only accepted tourist e-visa; therefore, UK travelers who want to come to Egypt for another reason such as business or medical treatment, must apply at the Egypt Embassy.
UK applicants can apply independently or through Egypt Immigration Services online for an Egypt e-visa. Before beginning the procedure, UK citizens should make sure they have all the necessary qualifications and documents for e-visa to be processed.
The two primary kinds of visa costs that UK citizens must pay to apply for a visa to Egypt are the Government Fee and the Service Fee. To complete their application, UK applicants must pay the government fee to the Egypt Immigration Department. This depends on the kind of visas UK citizens seek to apply for. The following lists the government fees that UK citizens must pay for each type of visa:
- Single-entry Tourist e-visa cost per person: $70.00
- Multiple-entry Tourist e-visa cost per person: $110.00
For UK citizens, the Visa Service Fee is $69 per visa. The price could go up if UK candidates select a Rush or Super Rush service option. The faster they want their visa, the more money they must pay. The following three types of processing times are currently available from Egypt Immigration Services for visa applications:
- Typical option: UK applicants can acquire visas in three business days. This service is available to UK citizens for $69.00.
- Rush option: UK applicants must pay an additional charge of $79.00 if they need their visas to arrive within two business days.
- Super Rush option: This service enables UK citizens to obtain their visa in less than 24 working hours for an extra $99.00 fee.
UK nationals must get a visa before traveling to Egypt in order to enter this country. Travelers from more than 70 countries have been able to apply since 2017 for an e-visa, which is approved by the Egyptian government. Fortunately, UK nationals can apply for an Egypt e-visa as qualifying nationalities.
UK nationals have a few options for applying for a visa to enter Egypt:
- Apply for a visa online if you plan to visit Egypt for a brief period of time for tourists.
- Submit a regular visa application to the Egypt Embassy in the United Arab Emirates (paper visa).
- Upon arrival at a border crossing or airport, obtain a visa.
Applying online is typically the most practical choice for short travels to Egypt. The electronic visa was introduced by the Egyptian Ministry of International Affairs and International Cooperation to advance the travel and tourism industry and quicken the application process for foreign visas. Accessing Egypt Immigration Services, we have optimized the system for UK travelers to have the chance to travel to Egypt in an easy way.
It is true that the electronic visa policy streamlines and expedites the process for residents of the UK seeking a visa to Egypt. UK applicants frequently receive their visas in no more than three business days after submitting the required papers and visa application forms.
UK citizens must pay the full cost in order to finish the application procedure which is called the Egypt Visa Fee. The Egypt Service Fee and the Government Fee are the two types of Egypt e-Visa fees that UK residents must pay when submitting an online application for an Egypt e-Visa.
UK travelers must pay the government charge mandated by the Egyptian government because your country of origin (the United King) is not currently on Egypt's list of exempt countries.
On the other hand, the service charge can be adjusted because UK travelers have many options in processing speed. There are a total of 3 service options available for you to choose from, as shown below:
- Normal: If you select this standardized service, you will receive your e-visa result in 03 working days.
- Urgent: Your processing time is quicker than typical with this kind of service. Within two working days after that, you will have your electronic visa.
- Extremely urgent: This service currently has the quickest processing time. You can anticipate receiving your e-visa result from this type of service within one working day.
Regarding payment options, you can pay for your Egypt e-visa charge via electronic payment or wire transfer (Bank of Cyprus). You should think about using Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, or American Express for electronic payments.
Getting an Egypt e-visa is a quick and easy process. UK citizens can apply for an Egypt e-visa in only a few minutes using technological devices. UK residents must make sure their passports are valid for at least six months after their arrival in Egypt before applying. In an effort to expedite and streamline the visa application process, the Egypt Immigration Services has developed a very simple application form for applicants. This system allows UK passengers to finish the form in just 15 minutes.
UK visitors can simply apply for an Egyptian e-visa by completing these 4 easy steps:
Step 1: Fill out the secure online application form with your personal information, including your full name, gender, date of birth, passport number, and dates of arrival and departure.
Step 2: Canadians should double-check the information to make sure it is correct and full. They will then use electronic payment to pay the e-visa fee after that (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and PayPal).
Step 3: Obtain an email verifying that their visa application has been submitted. Before being mailed to the applicant, the electronic visa application will be processed and approved.
Step 4: To get your e-visa result stamped at the airport, print it out and carry it with you.
There are two different e-visa kinds available for travelers from the UK. Every type of visa enables travelers from the UK to enter Egypt for tourist and visit purposes listed on the list below. UK candidates must also be aware of the conditions associated with each type of visa, such as the permitted period of stay and the intended use of the document.
- Single-entry e-visa: This e-visa is for UK citizens traveling to Egypt for leisure purposes and to see friends and relatives. However, this e-visa only allows travelers to enter the nation once during its three-month validity period. They are permitted a total of 30 days in this nation.
- Multiple-entry e-visa: This e-visa serves the same purpose as the single-entry tourist e-visa, except tourists from the United Arab Emirates can use it to enter Egypt multiple times and stay there for 30 days each time. This visa is valid for 6 months after the date of entry.
The following are the basic Egypt e-visa requirements for citizens of the UK:
- A valid passport that will still be functional six months after the date of entrance into Egypt.
- The passports must have at least two blank pages in order to verify the validity of the visa.
- A duplicate of the passport's biographical page (with full information, not missing any details, lines).
- A customized color portrait of the candidate ( with full face and formal clothes).