Egypt e-Visa requirements for Swiss citizens - Egypt Immigration
Egypt is well-known for its ancient monuments such as the Pyramids and Sphinx, as well as the Nile River and resorts such as Sharm El-Sheikh. The Egyptian government implemented an e-Visa system in 2017 to promote tourism in their country and make it easier for visitors from all over the world to obtain travel authorizations. Instead of visiting the Egyptian Embassy, travelers can apply for a visa online in a matter of minutes.
In this article, you will see all the information you need about this type of visa, including Egypt e-visa requirements for Swiss citizens and how to apply it effortlessly.
Types of Egypt e-Visa for Swiss citizens
Foreign nationals entering Egypt for tourism purposes almost always need a visa. Switzerland is one of 74 countries that can apply for an Egyptian visa online.
Below are the Egypt e-Tourist visa options for Swiss citizens:
- The first option allows for a single entry into Egypt with a maximum stay of 30 days. The validity of this e-Visa is 03 months from the issued date.
- Travelers with multiple-entry visas are allowed to enter the country as many times as they want within 6 months from the issued date. In this case, each stay cannot be longer than 30 days.
Egypt visa requirements for Swiss citizens
There are several requirements for Swiss citizens to apply for an Egypt e-Visa. Egypt e-Visa requirements include the following:
- Possessing a valid Swiss passport with at least 02 blank pages for entry and exit stamps
- For paying the visa fee, you require a valid payment card (credit cards and debit cards are both accepted).
- Having a valid email address to receive e-Visa approval.
Egypt visa requirements for Swiss citizens include having a passport that is valid for at least 06 months after the journey begins. If this is not the case, the applicant must obtain a new passport before applying for a visa. If the application has already been submitted, the candidate must reapply with the new passport number.
To allow for any processing delays, it is best to apply for an Egypt e-Visa from Switzerland as soon as possible, but no later than 07 days before the travel date.
How to apply for an Egypt visa as a Swiss citizen
The application for an Egyptian visa for Swiss citizens is a simple online process that only takes a few minutes. Swiss applicants must complete the application form available on our website. They must fill out the form with both essential personal and passport information, such as:
- Full name
- Contact information
- Date and place of birth
- Passport number
- Dates of travel to Egypt
Applicants have the opportunity to review and confirm that all the information submitted is correct before proceeding to the visa fee payment through a secure online system. All needed information must be provided truthfully. Otherwise, the visa may be delayed or denied.
Remember that the Egypt e-Visa must be printed. And it has been presented in paper form at the Egyptian border, along with other travel documents. Additionally, travelers must keep a duplicate of their e-Visa for the duration of their stay in the nation.
Egypt e-Visa fee for Swiss citizens
When you choose this type of visa for your trip to Egypt, you can save a significant amount of money. To be more exact, the total charge for an Egypt e-visa for Swiss citizens is less than the fee for a regular visa.
You will be charged two types of Egypt e-Visa fees when applying for an e-Visa: the government fee and the service fee. Consider adding a small sum of money to COVID-19 insurance to cover your benefits in the event of an emergency.
The government fee is required in this scenario because Switzerland is not currently on Egypt's exemption list. As a result, as a Swiss citizen, you must pay this fee.
In contrast, the service fee can be adjusted and is determined by your selection of processing time:
- Normal: you can expect to receive your e-Visa within 03 business days when choosing this type of service.
- Urgent: you will get your e-visa a little earlier since it only takes about 02 business days to receive the e-visa if you choose this service type.
- Super urgent: You can get your e-visa result within 01 business day with this service type. It is the highest priority you can receive.
Method of payment: you can pay with an electronic payment (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and PayPal) or by wire transfer (direct transfer to HSBC bank).
- African Republic
- Aland Island
- American Samoa
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bonaire, ST. Eustatus, And Saba
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Bouvet Island
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- British Virgin Islands
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Islands
- Central African Republic