Egypt e-Visa requirements for Portuguese citizens
With over 9 million international tourists per year, including Portuguese citizens, Egypt is one of the world's most popular tourist destinations.
As a result, the Egyptian Government has introduced a new method for applying for a travel permit with ease. Egypt e-Visa is less expensive and easier to obtain than traditional visas. Applicants from Portugal can now apply online in a matter of minutes, making the entire procedure considerably easier and more effective.
Types of Egypt e-Visa for Portuguese citizens
Citizens of more than 70 countries in the world traveling to Egypt are able to obtain an online tourist visa in Egypt. Citizens having a Portuguese passport may apply for this form of travel permit. It should be emphasized, however, that all tourists entering the nation on an e-Visa must do so for sightseeing and tourism.
International visitors to Egypt can obtain a variety of visas based on their purpose for visiting. Before traveling to Egypt, Portuguese citizens should double-check that they have the correct visa type. Portuguese citizens can apply for the following types of Egyptian e-visas:
- Single-entry tourist visa: This type of visa allows Portuguese travelers to stay in Egypt for a maximum of 30 days from the arrival date. This type of visa is valid for 90 days from the date of issuing. If a Portuguese tourist exits Egypt and later wishes to re-enter, a new Egypt tourist e-Visa will be required.
- Multiple-entry tourist e-Visa: A multiple-entry visa is valid for six months from the issued date, allowing its holder to visit the country multiple times during 06 months. However, each stay in Egypt may not exceed 30 days.
Egypt visa requirements for Portuguese citizens
To successfully get the e-visa for tourism, Portuguese applicants must revise, prepare, and meet the Egyptian government's visa entry requirements.
Failure to meet the Egypt e-Visa requirements for Portuguese citizens can result in problems with visa processing and may even result in a rejection.
The following documents are required for Portuguese citizens:
- Portugal needs a valid passport with a minimum validity of 06 months from the arrival date in Egypt, and at least 02 blank pages for verification stamps.
- A scanned image/copy of the biographical page of a valid passport.
- A valid email address is required to receive the e-visa electronically.
- A credit/debit card that is valid. When completing the online application, you will be asked to pay the visa processing fee online.
The online visa to Egypt must be printed and provided when the Portuguese national arrives at the port of entry. Therefore, they should keep a copy of the e-Visa with them throughout their travel to Egypt.
Apply for an Egypt e-Visa as a Portuguese citizen
Applying for an Egypt e-Visa as a Portuguese citizen is extremely simple and convenient because they can access an application form where they will fill out certain personal and passport information in minutes.
The personal and passport information that Portuguese citizens must provide is as follows:
- Number of visas
- Type of visa
- Processing time
- Name in full
- The number on a passport
Order specifics, including your arrival and departure dates.
Egypt e-Visa fee for Portuguese citizens.
Payment is the final step in obtaining an Egypt e-visa for Portuguese citizens. Before you spend money on that, you should know how much you need to pay.
According to the Egyptian Government, Portugal is still not exempt from a visa, so the government fee is mandatory.
The second type of fee you should be aware of and comprehend is the service fee. It is adjustable based on your processing time range. There are a total of three options available to you:
- Normal: This is the basic service that will assist you in receiving your e-visa within three business days.
- Urgent: If you select this advanced service for your application, you will receive your e-visa within two business days.
- Super urgent: If you choose this type of service, you will receive your e-visa result in just one business day because it is the highest priority.
Payment method: To pay for your Egypt e-Visa fee, you have the option of using an electronic payment (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and PayPal) or a wire transfer to HSBC bank.
Furthermore, we recommend that you purchase Covid-19 Insurance. When you are not in your home country, you will be protected against many risks, including the Covid-19. We also want to point out that this is entirely optional, which you should think about depending on your circumstances.