How to Apply for Egypt e-Visa for Norwegian citizens?
The number of visitors visiting Egypt has increased in recent years, including Norway. Every year, around 40,000 Norwegian citizens visit the North African country in the hopes of exploring the enormous pyramids. Particularly with the 2015 launch of an Egyptian e-Visa which is available to citizens of various countries makes the visa process easier.
The Egyptian electronic visa for Norwegians is obtained through an online application in which each applicant must submit several personal details and documents as well as pay the application fee.
The process has been designed to be thorough, but it should take no more than 30 minutes to complete, and it eliminates the need for Norwegians to visit or send documents to the Egypt embassy in Norway. Continue reading to learn how to apply for an Egypt e-Visa as a Norwegian citizen.
Types of Egypt visas for Norwegian citizens
Norwegian citizens visiting Egypt must get a visa. There are various types of visas available based on the purpose of the Norwegian passport holder's visit.
For Norwegian travelers, the Egyptian e-Visa offers two choices.
- The first option is the single-entry tourist e-Visa, which permits Norwegian travelers to stay for up to 30 days on a single entry. This means that if Norwegians leave Egypt before spending 30 days there, they must reapply for a new visa when they return.
- The second option is the multi-entry tourist e-Visa to Egypt, which allows Norwegian travelers far more flexibility in coming and going and is only accessible as an electronic travel permit. This visa allows the tourist to enter and exit Egypt as many times as they like within six months from the issued date. Because no one can stay over 30 days, Norwegian citizens must exit and re-enter the country each time before accumulating 31 days in the country.
Egypt e-Visa requirements for Norwegian citizens
The process of obtaining an Egyptian e-Visa for Norwegian citizens is simple. The entire procedure is carried out online and is designed to be completed as quickly as possible. Each application for an Egypt e-Visa must meet the following requirements:
- A Norwegian passport is valid for at least six months following the date of departure from Egypt and 02 blank pages for arrival/ exit stamps.
- A digital scan of the information page of the passport.
- A credit or debit card is required to pay the application fee.
- A valid email address.
In addition to the requirements listed above, each Norwegian candidate must correctly complete an Egyptian e-Visa application form. The online form requests basic information such as the applicant's complete name, date of birth, place of residence, and passport information.
Once the application has been examined and the visa has been approved, Norwegian citizens must print a paper copy and keep it with their passports. Authorities will ask to verify that the records match those of the traveler upon entry and leave.
Response times are typically between 01 and 03 business days. To help decrease the waiting period, Norwegians must submit their application for enough time for officials to process and grant their online visas to Egypt.
Egypt e-Visa fee for Norwegian citizens
To complete your application for an Egypt e-visa for Norwegian citizens, you must pay two types of Egypt visa fees: the government fee and the service fee via electronic payment (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Paypal) or wire transfer (HSBC direct bank transaction).
You can also pay a small fee for COVID-19 insurance to keep your benefits when traveling abroad.
The government fee is mandatory because Norway is not on Egypt's exemption list. Concerning the service fee, you currently have three options to choose from, depending on the processing time you require:
- Normal: If you select this standardized service, you will receive your e-visa result within three business days.
- Urgent: With this option, you will receive your e-visa result within two working days.
- Super urgent: recommended for rush cases. If you choose this type of service, you will receive your e-visa result in just one working day.