Egypt e-Visa requirements for Japanese citizens
The Egyptian Government has launched the Egypt e-Visa to make acquiring a visa for Egypt from Japan and other eligible nations easier. It is the most convenient choice for short-term stays because it eliminates the need to visit an Egyptian embassy or wait in line at the border to obtain a visa. Continue reading the article to learn more about how to apply for an Egypt e-Visa for Japanese citizens.
Types of Egypt e-Tourist Visa for Japanese citizens
There are two types of Egyptian e-visas for Japanese citizens:
Single-entry e-Tourist visa: This e-Visa is only valid for 30 days from the date of issuance and enables just one entry into Egypt. If the Japanese visitor departs the country, they must reapply for a new visa. The total staying time for this type of visa is up to 30 days from the arrival date.
Multiple-entry e-Tourist visa: This choice, as the name suggests, provides more flexibility for Japanese travelers. They are permitted to enter and exit Egypt as many times as they choose throughout the six-month validity period of their visa. However, each stay per entry must not exceed 30 days.
Apply for an Egypt online visa as Japanese citizens
Tourists with Japanese passports who desire to visit Egypt must have a valid Egyptian visa. The kind they have and how they got it are determined by their trip.
The online application process for Egypt visa for Japanese citizens is more straightforward than for in-person applications. Applicants will be required to provide the following information when filling out the online application form for the Egyptian e-Visa:
- Name exactly as it appears on the passport
- Passport number
- Date of expected arrival/departure
Egypt visa requirements for Japanese citizens
In addition to the details required while filling out the application form, each applicant must provide some Egyptian visa requirements for Japanese citizens when submitting their application for assessment.
Each applicant must have the following Egypt visa requirements:
- A Japanese passport that is valid for at least six months from the day they arrive in Egypt, with a minimum of 02 unused pages for entry/exit stamps.
- A valid email address to receive the approved Egypt e-Visa.
- An activated Debit/Credit Card for the e visa payment.
Egypt e-Visa fees for Japanese citizens
There are two types of Egypt e-Visa Fees for Japanese citizens that you must pay to obtain your e-Visa: the e-Visa service fee and the Egypt Government fee.
In addition, we recommend purchasing Covid-19 Insurance. When you are not in your home country, you will still be protected from various dangers, including the Covid pandemic. We also remind you that this is entirely optional, which you should think about based on your situation.
Egypt e-Visa Service Fee is the amount that you need to pay in advance for services provided during the Egypt e-Visa processing time, which includes:
- Consulting about the Egypt e-Visa.
- Receiving and checking your personal information.
- Informing the status and results.
- Collect the e-Visa from the Egypt Government and send it to you for your visa to be stamped when arriving at Egypt ports.
When it comes to paying the e-visa service fee, Egypt Immigration & e Visa Portal offers you three choices:
- Normal service: If you select this standardized service, you will receive your e-visa result within three business days.
- Urgent service: With this option, you will have your e-visa result within two working days.
- Super Urgent service: This is the highest level of priority you may have. You can get your e-visa result within 01 business day if you use this service type.
The Egypt Government fee is the sum that you must pay to the Egypt Immigration Department for the Egypt Immigration Department to process an e-Visa. Since Japan is not on the exemption list for Egypt e visas, Japanese applicants must pay this mandatory charge to apply for an e-Visa.
Any modifications made after the Egypt Government Fee has been paid will be charged as a new application.
After receiving the e-Visa, passengers must print a hard copy and bring it with them to the Egyptian border crossing. Border officials will ask you to present the printed version of the visa.