Egypt e-Visa for Indian citizens - Requirements and Fees
Egypt has a world-famous pyramid system and is a tourist's paradise with its colorful culture, incredible history, and fascinating natural sights. Before having a trip in this beautiful country, make sure that you have an Egyptian visa to enter the country.
The government of Egypt introduced the Egypt Tourist e-Visa in December 2017, allowing citizens of eligible countries (Including Indian citizens) to visit Egypt for touristic purposes by completing an online visa application form before departure.
1. Types of Egypt e-Visa for Indian citizens
For Indian citizens, there are various types of Egyptian visas available. Each of these e-visas has its own set of requirements and features. As a result, Indians are advised to thoroughly examine all information regarding their required travel permits before entering the country.
- Egypt single-entry tourist e visa for Indian citizens: The Egypt single-entry e-Visa allows for only one entry into the country. Applying for this Egyptian tourist visa allows the holder to stay for up to 30 days in a row. This type of e-Visa is valid for 90 days after it is issued.
- Multiple-entry tourist visa to Egypt for visitors from India: The multiple-entry e-Visa differs slightly in that an Indian visitor can depart and enter Egypt several times within 06 months after the date of issuance. However, Indian applicants should be aware that each entry allows for a maximum stay of 30 days consecutively, although they can enter as many times as they like.
Furthermore, keep in mind that these e-visas are not extendable.
2. Egypt e-Visa requirements for Indian citizens
In just a few clicks, you can apply for an Egypt e-Visa online. Nevertheless, Indian citizens must comply with the e-Visa requirements established by the Egyptian government. The Egypt e-Visa requirements for Indian citizens are as follows:
- A valid Indian passport is valid for a minimum of six months, excluding the emergency passport, from the date the traveler arrives in Egypt. This passport must also have at least 02 blank pages for verification.
- A scanned image/copy of the biographical page of the passport.
- A valid credit or debit card is required for the non-refundable application fees.
- A valid email address is required to complete the request. Once your application has been approved, you will receive an email notification.
3. Apply for an Egypt e-Visa as Indian citizens
Indian citizens are among those who can apply for an e-visa to Egypt.
The Egypt e-Visa application form is straightforward to complete once you have determined whether you require a single-entry or multiple-entry tourist visa. This includes the following:
- Full name
- Number of passport, date of issue and the expiration date.
- Travel information (date of arrival and departure)
- Processing time for an e visa.
To avoid application rejection or delays in obtaining the Egypt visa for Indian citizens, applicants should carefully double-check all the information on the form.
With Egypt Immigration Services, Indian applicants can expect to receive the result of an Egypt e visa via email within 01 to 03 business days. Make sure to print out your Egypt e visa before traveling and bring it with you.
4. Egypt e-Visa fees for Indian citizens
For Indian citizens to apply for Egypt e-Visa online, there are (2) types of Egypt e-Visa fees, known as Egypt Visa Service Fee and Government Fee.
An Egypt e-Visa Service Fee is the amount you need to pay in advance for service during the Egypt e-Visa processing period.
In total, there are three service options available for you to choose from:
- Normal: If you choose this standardized service, you will receive your e-visa result within three working days.
- Urgent: Using this service, your processing time is shortened. You will receive your e-visa within two working days after it has been approved.
- Super urgent: Using this service, you can expect to receive your e-visa result within one working day. This service has the fastest processing time so far.
Government fee regulated by the Egyptian authority is mandatory for you since your country of origin (India) is not currently listed as one of the exemption countries.
Regarding the payment methods, you can choose between electronic payment and wire transfer (HSBC Bank Transfer). Electronic payment options include Visa, Master Card, PayPal, and American Express.
More information: We strongly advise you to acquire Covid-19 Insurance. You will be protected from a variety of threats, including the Covid pandemic. We also want to emphasize that this is an optional step that you can take based on your circumstances.
Egypt Visa Requirements for India Citizens FAQs
Most Indian tourists and travelers to Egypt can obtain an entrance visa at all ports of entry. This means Indian citizens can enter any ports that they want. To obtain a visa, all international visitors traveling in Egypt must have a valid passport (with at least 6 months remaining before expiration). However, the entry visa can also be obtained from Egyptian Diplomatic and Consular Missions overseas, or can obtain it online by completing the form at Egypt Immigration Services.
After you complete the online application, you must pay the e-visa fees for e-visa to be processed. There are Government fees and Services fees which are 2 types of fees that Indians must pay to have an e-visa to enter entry ports in Egypt. This will be determined by the type of visa chosen by Indian citizens.
The Visa Service Fee for Indian citizens is $69 per visa. If Indian candidates choose the Rush or Super Rush service, the price may rise. The following three types of processing times are now offered from Egypt Immigration Services for visa applications:
- Normal: The e-visa will arrive within 3 business days
- Rush: The e-visa will arrive within 2 business days with an extra fee.
- Super Rush: This is the highest cost service which e-visa can be obtained within 24 business hours.
Indian nationals have been permitted to travel in Egypt since 2017 with an electronic visa approved by the Egypt government. With the assistance of this internet system, the rising number of Indian visitors will have a significant beneficial influence on the nation's economy.
The processing time choice chosen by travelers will decide how long it takes them to obtain an Egypt visa. E-visas are typically processed within 1 to 3 business days. If Indian tourists need an e-visa quickly, they can use the Rush Visa service. Compared to waiting for a visa interview at an embassy or consulate, this is considered as being significantly faster than waiting for an interview with the Embassy. As a result, Indian nationals must submit their applications at least 7 working days before the scheduled departure date for Egypt.
Visitors from India may also utilize the Check Status option to check where and how their e-visa is being processed if they want to keep track of it. The result will be emailed to you 30 minutes after you submit the form. Keep in mind that Indian nationals must have enough necessary documentation to expedite the processing of their e-visa. After receiving e-visa approval, Indian travelers must print it out in order to be checked at the airport.
The answer is NO if Indian travelers do not leave the airport; The answer is YES if Indian travelers want to stay in Egypt for a couple of days before taking the next flight. Currently, the Egyptian government only acceded tourist e-visa for Indian nationals to apply for.
There are several ways for Indian citizens to get an e-visa, look at the list below and consider which ways you would choose to apply:
- Apply for a visa online if you want to visit Egypt for a limited amount of time for tourism purposes.
- Submit a traditional visa application to the Egypt Embassy (paper visa).
- Get an e-visa at the airport which is called a visa on arrival.
Applying for a visa at the Embassy or visa on arrival will take a lot of time for Indian travelers to wait in a long queue; unfortunately, the Egypt Embassy has not been opened in India yet so they need to find the nearest one in the nearest country. Applying online is often the most practical solution for short journeys to Egypt. The electronic visa was created by the Egyptian Ministry of International Affairs and International Cooperation to improve the travel and tourist business and shorten the application procedure for foreign visas. Using Egypt Immigration Services, you can apply for a tourist e-visa with a flexible price for staying a few days before the next flight.
The e-visa process for minors is the same as adults. They can apply at the Embassy or apply online at Egypt Immigration Services. The online method can save a lot of time and eliminate the paperworks. However, Indian travelers who are parents will on behalf of their child complete the visa application form.
There are two types of e-visa that both adults and minors can apply for: Tourist e-visa with single entry and Tourist e-visa for multiple entries. To apply for this type of e-visa for minors, Indian citizens must fill in the form with their childs’ name, D.O.B, nationality and intended travel dates. The information must be correct to avoid application rejection and delays. After finishing the form, Indian citizens must pay a visa fee for e-visa to be processed.
Indian travelers must remember that minors applying for an e-visa also follow the e-visa requirements. They must have a valid e-visa which is still effective for 6 months when arriving in Egypt. A scanned biographical page and a portrait of themselves must be submitted through email.
Important note: The number of children will be in accordance with the number of applications. If your children have 2 nationalities, you must choose one and use it during the process.