Egypt e-Visa for Indian citizens - Requirements and Fees
Egypt has a world-famous pyramid system and is a tourist's paradise with its colorful culture, incredible history, and fascinating natural sights. Before having a trip in this beautiful country, make sure that you have an Egyptian visa to enter the country.
The government of Egypt introduced the Egypt Tourist e-Visa in December 2017, allowing citizens of eligible countries (Including Indian citizens) to visit Egypt for touristic purposes by completing an online visa application form before departure.
1. Types of Egypt e-Visa for Indian citizens
For Indian citizens, there are various types of Egyptian visas available. Each of these e-visas has its own set of requirements and features. As a result, Indians are advised to thoroughly examine all information regarding their required travel permits before entering the country.
- Egypt single-entry tourist e visa for Indian citizens: The Egypt single-entry e-Visa allows for only one entry into the country. Applying for this Egyptian tourist visa allows the holder to stay for up to 30 days in a row. This type of e-Visa is valid for 90 days after it is issued.
- Multiple-entry tourist visa to Egypt for visitors from India: The multiple-entry e-Visa differs slightly in that an Indian visitor can depart and enter Egypt several times within 06 months after the date of issuance. However, Indian applicants should be aware that each entry allows for a maximum stay of 30 days consecutively, although they can enter as many times as they like.
Furthermore, keep in mind that these e-visas are not extendable.
2. Egypt e-Visa requirements for Indian citizens
In just a few clicks, you can apply for an Egypt e-Visa online. Nevertheless, Indian citizens must comply with the e-Visa requirements established by the Egyptian government. The Egypt e-Visa requirements for Indian citizens are as follows:
- A valid Indian passport is valid for a minimum of six months, excluding the emergency passport, from the date the traveler arrives in Egypt. This passport must also have at least 02 blank pages for verification.
- A scanned image/copy of the biographical page of the passport.
- A valid credit or debit card is required for the non-refundable application fees.
- A valid email address is required to complete the request. Once your application has been approved, you will receive an email notification.
3. Apply for an Egypt e-Visa as Indian citizens
Indian citizens are among those who can apply for an e-visa to Egypt.
The Egypt e-Visa application form is straightforward to complete once you have determined whether you require a single-entry or multiple-entry tourist visa. This includes the following:
- Full name
- Number of passport, date of issue and the expiration date.
- Travel information (date of arrival and departure)
- Processing time for an e visa.
To avoid application rejection or delays in obtaining the Egypt visa for Indian citizens, applicants should carefully double-check all the information on the form.
With Global Immigration Services Limited, Indian applicants can expect to receive the result of an Egypt e visa via email within 01 to 03 business days. Make sure to print out your Egypt e visa before traveling and bring it with you.
4. Egypt e-Visa fees for Indian citizens
For Indian citizens to apply for Egypt e-Visa online, there are (2) types of Egypt e-Visa fees, known as Egypt Visa Service Fee and Government Fee.
An Egypt e-Visa Service Fee is the amount you need to pay in advance for service during the Egypt e-Visa processing period.
In total, there are three service options available for you to choose from:
- Normal: If you choose this standardized service, you will receive your e-visa result within three working days.
- Urgent: Using this service, your processing time is shortened. You will receive your e-visa within two working days after it has been approved.
- Super urgent: Using this service, you can expect to receive your e-visa result within one working day. This service has the fastest processing time so far.
Government fee regulated by the Egyptian authority is mandatory for you since your country of origin (India) is not currently listed as one of the exemption countries.
Regarding the payment methods, you can choose between electronic payment and wire transfer (HSBC Bank Transfer). Electronic payment options include Visa, Master Card, PayPal, and American Express.
More information: We strongly advise you to acquire Covid-19 Insurance. You will be protected from a variety of threats, including the Covid pandemic. We also want to emphasize that this is an optional step that you can take based on your circumstances.