Egypt e-Visa requirements for Hong Kong citizens
Travelers who want to visit Egypt from the Hong Kong SAR (Special Administrative Region) may need to first get an Egypt visa for Hong Kong passport holders.
This article will help Hong Kong citizens learn more about the documents they need to submit an Egyptian visa application. Based on the reason for their travel, the length of their expected stay, and if they are eligible to apply for an e-Visa to Egypt.
Egypt e-Visas for Hong Kong citizens
If Hong Kong passport holders require a visa to Egypt, they must normally apply at the nearest Egyptian embassy or consulate.
However, there are certain exceptions. Hong Kong residents who require a tourist visa for a short-term stay can now do it online by completing an electronic Egyptian visa application. This straightforward process takes only a few minutes to complete and eliminates the need to travel to a diplomatic office to apply for travel documents in person.
The following Egypt e-Tourist visa options are available to Hong Kong nationals:
- The single entry Tourist e visa allows Hong Kong travelers to enter Egypt once with a 30-day maximum stay. This type of visa is valid for 03 months from the issued date.
- Travelers holding multiple-entry Tourist e visas are permitted to enter the nation as many times as they choose within a six-month period. However, each stay cannot exceed 30 days.
Egypt visa requirements for Hong Kong citizens
To complete an online application for an Egypt visa, Hong Kong citizens must meet the following requirements:
- A Hong Kong passport with a validity period of at least six months from the entry date in Egypt, with at least 02 blank pages for verification.
- A valid credit card or debit card to pay the Egypt e-Visa fee
- A valid email address to receive the e-visa once it has been approved
Apply for Egypt e-Visa for Hong Kong citizens
After fulfillment of the above Egypt e-Visa requirements for Hong Kong citizens, the applicant can complete the e-Visa from Hong Kong online form in a matter of minutes. The application must be completed with basic passport and personal information, such as:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- The passport number
- Date of arrival/departure
Before submitting the form, it is recommended that applicants double-check all the information supplied for any errors. Note that even minor errors can cause processing delays or even the denial of an Egypt visa application.
Following the submission of the application, the visitors can expect to obtain the approved Egypt visa for Hong Kong citizens in a maximum of 03 business days.
They should then print a copy of the Egypt e-Visa and present it to immigration officers at the Egyptian border, along with the same passport they used to fill out the online form.
Egypt e-Visa fee for Hong Kong citizens
You can save a lot of money if you choose this type of visa for your trip to Egypt. To be more specific, the overall cost of an Egypt e-visa for Hong Kong citizens is cheaper than the cost of a standard visa.
When applying for an online visa to Egypt, you will be charged two types of Egypt e-Visa fees: the Government fee and the service fee. Consider adding a little sum of money to your COVID-19 insurance to protect your benefits in case of an emergency.
Because Hong Kong is not now on Egypt's exemption list, the Government charge is necessary for this circumstance. As a result, as a Hong Kong resident, you are required to pay this cost.
The service fee, on the other hand, can be changed and is determined by the processing time you select:
- Normal: If you choose this sort of service, you may anticipate obtaining your e-Visa within three business days.
- Urgent: If you choose this service type, you will obtain your e-visa a little sooner because it only takes around 02 business days to receive the e-visa.
- Super urgent: This service type allows you to receive your e-visa result within one business day. It is the highest level of priority available.
Payment options include money transfers (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and PayPal) or wire transfers (direct transfer to HSBC bank).