Egypt e-Visa requirements for Greek citizens
Do you know what a similarity between Greece and Egypt is? The answer is: these two places are both protected by the power of Gods. But if Greece is famous for ocean Gods, Egypt is known for the holy might of the desert.
As a Greek citizen, you will be curious about how to visit Egypt to see what makes this land similar to Greece. The good news is, visa to Egypt is now easier than ever thanks to the appearance of Egypt's electronic visa (e-visa).
With the thousands of tourists visiting Egypt every year, the government of Egypt launched the online Egypt e-Visa system in order to facilitate this demand.
By applying online, Greek citizens can receive an Egypt e-Visa electronically to their email addresses. As a result, time and money will have been saved since Greek applicants do not need to arrange a meeting with an Egyptian embassy or consulate to obtain a visa.
In this article, you will have all the information about the Egypt e-visa for Greek citizens, including the Egypt e-visa requirement for Greek citizens and how you can apply for that kind of visa.
1. Types of Egypt e-Visas for Greek citizens
The types of e-Visa that Greek nationals can apply for in Egypt can vary. They need to consult these types of e-Visas before applying to make sure that they are applying for the best type.
Tourist visas for Egypt are the most popular travel permit for Greek citizens. Types of Egypt e-Tourist Visa include:
- Tourist e-visa (single-entry): This type of e-visa has a validity of 90 days from the date of issuance. You can enter Egypt once and can stay in for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival.
- Tourist e-visa (multiple entries): This sort of e-visa is valid for 6 months from the issued date. If you apply for this visa, you can enter Egypt multiple times and the duration of each stay does not last over 30 days.
2. Check Egypt e-Visa requirements for Greek citizens
To obtain an e-Visa to Egypt, Greek passport holders need to comply with some Egyptian e-Visa requirements set by the Egyptian government.
As a traveler from Greece aiming to visit Egypt, make sure that you comply with the following requirements:
- A Greek passport with a minimum validity of 6 months is required to enter Egypt. In addition, your passport has at least 02 blank pages for stamping. You must enter the country with the same passport you used to apply for the e-Visa.
- An email address so that you can obtain your e-visa. Remember to check your email frequently to get an update on your e-visa and print it out before your trip to Egypt.
Besides, Greek citizens can also apply to get a regular visa at the Egyptian Embassy in Greece in case of longer trips.
3. How to Apply Egypt Visa for Greek citizens
The application form of Egypt e-visa for Greek citizens is straightforward and effortless. In the online form, applicants must add the following personal, passport, and travel details:
- Full name
- Passport number
- Order details including your date of arrival and departure.
Please make sure that all the information on the application is accurate before submitting the form.
4. Egypt visa fee for Greek citizens and payment method
To complete your application for an Egypt e-visa for Greek citizens, you must pay two types of fees: the government charge and the service fee by using an electronic payment (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Paypal) or wire transfer (HSBC direct bank transaction).
For the government fee, it is compulsory because up to now, Greece is not on the exemption list of Egypt.
About the service fee, currently, there are 03 options for you to choose from, depending on the processing time you require:
- Normal: You will get your e-visa result within 03 business days if you choose this standard service.
- Urgent: With this service option, you can get your e-visa result within 02 working days.
- Super urgent: Recommended for emergencies when you need to get a visa as soon as possible. You can get your e-visa result within just 01 working days if you choose this type of service.
In addition, we also recommend you to pay a small charge for a COVID-19 insurance to retain your benefits when going abroad.