Egypt e-Visa requirements for German citizens
- 1. Types of Egypt e-Visa for German citizens
- 2. Egypt e-Visa requirements for German citizens
- 3. Apply for an Egypt e-Visa as German citizens
- 4. Egypt e-Visa fee for German citizens
For quite some time, Egypt has been among the most visited countries of North Africa and the Middle East. German passport holders travel to Egypt every year for tourism, and their options for obtaining a visa have changed since 2017. Now, German citizens can apply online for an Egypt e-Visa from Germany before traveling to Egypt. The Egyptian e-Visa is introduced to make the whole process of receiving a visa simpler than before.
1. Types of Egypt e-Visa for German citizens
German citizens must have a visa to enter Egypt. If you are a German traveler who wants to enter Egypt for tourism or short-term trips, the Egypt e visa is an ideal choice for you. Because Germany is a member of the European Union, German citizens have a variety of options for obtaining a visa.
There are two types of Egypt e-Visas that German citizens can apply for:
- The first is a single-entry Tourist e visa, which allows German visitors to enter Egypt only once. They are allowed to travel freely inside the country for a maximum of 30 days once they have entered the country. This type has a validity period of 90 days from the issued date.
- The Egyptian multiple-entry Tourist e visa permits Germans to leave and re-enter the country with the same visa. It is valid for 06 months from the date of issuance, and the duration of stay is up to 30 days for each visit.
2. Egypt e-Visa requirements for German citizens
The following information is required from German citizens applying for an Egypt e-Visa:
- To apply for an Egypt e-visa, you must have a valid German passport that is valid for at least 06 months from the date you arrive in Egypt, with a minimum of 02 blank pages for verification stamps.
- A scanned and digital copy of your passport biographical page.
- A recent photo of yours with a visible face and background.
- A valid debit or credit card to pay your application fee online.
- To receive the final decision by email, you must provide a valid email address. The result of your Egypt e visa will be notified via this email once it has been completed.
An Egyptian e-Visa application must be submitted in sufficient advance so that the authorities can decide on it. As soon as the e-Visa has been granted, make sure to download and print the document to show to border authorities.
3. Apply for an Egypt e-Visa as German citizens
The e-Visa eliminates the need for German citizens to wait in long lines at the Egyptian consulate or embassy in Germany. The Germans will instead be able to apply entirely online, wherever they can access the Internet.
To complete their e-Visa application, German passport holders must provide the following information:
- Type of visa
- Processing Time
- Full name as it appears on their passport
- Date of Birth
- Passport number, expiration date, and date of issue
- A current phone number
- Travel information, including arrival/departure date
German travelers should double-check all the information they provide in the application form before submitting it. Any false information could result in Egypt's e-Visa application for German citizens being refused.
4. Egypt e-Visa fee for German citizens
To receive an e-Visa to Egypt, you must pay two types of fees: the e-Visa Service fee and the Egypt Government fee.
The Egypt e-Visa Service Fee for German citizens is the amount that the applicant must pay in advance for services rendered during the Egypt e-Visa processing period.
Egypt e-visa service fees are classified into the following categories:
- Normal: If you choose this option, you will receive your e-visa within three business days.
- Urgent: If you use the urgent option, your e-visa result will arrive within two business days.
- Super urgent: This is your priority. When you use the very urgent service, you will have your e-visa within one business day.
The government fee is the amount paid to the Egypt Immigration Department to process an e-Visa application. This is the mandatory fee for e-Visa applicants.
You can choose one of two payment methods to pay for the Egypt e visa charge, including Electronic payment (Visa, Master Card, PayPal, or American Express) or wire transfer (HSBC Bank Transfer).
Recommendation: We strongly recommend that you acquire Covid-19 Insurance, which may help you obtain your Egypt e visa easier. When you are not in your own country, you will be protected from a variety of threats, including the Covid pandemic.