Egypt e-Visa requirements for French citizens
Egypt is well-known for its ancient civilization, which produced many archeological treasures that are still being unearthed today. It is a country steeped in the history of an ancient civilization, revealing how life was organized around a nation that was arguably one of the most technologically advanced for its time. It is also a country through which the famous Nile river flows, bringing life to an African country with a hot climate due to its proximity to the Earth's equator.
There are millions of reasons for traveling to Egypt. To facilitate travel to Egypt, the government of the Arab Republic of Egypt has been examining different alternatives to the standard visa application process. For that reason, Egypt has implemented an Electronic Travel Authorization system to make it easier for tourists from a number of countries to obtain an Egyptian e-Visa.
The online e-Visa for Egypt allows French citizens to apply for their Egyptian e-Visa without visiting a local Egyptian embassy or consulate. Since the entire application process takes place online, it only takes the applicant a few minutes to fill out the application. This can be done from the convenience of your home or office using a phone, computer, or tablet, and the e-Visa is issued through email once the application has been processed.
Egyptian e-Visa for French citizens
Numerous different types of Egyptian e-Visas are available for French citizens, depending on the length of their stay and the reason for their visit. French candidates are advised to research the numerous visas available from the Egyptian government to choose the one that best suits their travel needs.
Travelers who want to visit Egypt for tourism can apply for an Egyptian tourist e-Visa. Depending on the length of their stay in Egypt, French tourists can select between a single-entry and multiple-entry tourist e-Visa.
- The Egyptian government offers a single-entry tourist e-Visa that permits passengers to stay in the nation for up to 30 days from their arrival date. This type of visa is valid for 90 days from the issued date with a single entry only.
- While the multiple-entry tourist e-Visa is valid for 06 months from the date of issuance. With this type of e-visa, French citizens are allowed to enter Egypt as many times as they wish, and have a 30-day stay for each trip.
Egypt visa requirements for French citizens
The Egyptian government establishes some basic requirements for French e-Visa applicants. The following are the Egypt e-Visa requirements for French citizens:
- A valid French passport that is valid for at least six months from the date of entry into Egypt, with 02 blank pages for verification stamps.
- A photo of the biographical page of your passport.
- A valid email address since the result of your e visa application will be sent to this address.
- A current debit/credit card to pay for the visa processing fee.
French citizens must ensure that the information they provide in the Egyptian e-Visa application form is correct, with no erroneous, inaccurate, or misleading information, or else the e-Visa application procedure may be difficult. Failure to give proper information on the Egyptian e-Visa application might lead to visa denial and travel delays.
Apply for an Egypt e-Visa as French citizens
To apply for an Egyptian e-Visa, French travelers must complete an online form. You must provide some personal information, such as:
- Permanent Address
- Phone Number
- Dates/Details of Travel
- Passport Information
To complete the Egyptian e-Visa application, French travelers must pay online with a valid debit/credit card. Once the payment has been made, the application can be submitted to the Egyptian authorities for review.
Egypt e-Visa fee for French citizens
After submitting an Egypt online visa application form as a French citizen, you will be required to pay two types of Egypt e-Visa fees: the government fee and the service fee by electronic payment (Visa, American Express, MasterCard, and PayPal) or wire transfer (HSBC direct bank account).
The government fee is mandatory because France is currently not on Egypt's exemption list.
Concerning the service fee, you currently have three options depending on the processing time you require:
- Normal: By choosing this standard service, you will get your e-visa result within three business days.
- Urgent: By using this service, you will receive your e-visa result within two working days.
- Super urgent: A good choice for emergencies when you need your e-visa as soon as possible. You'll be able to get your e-visa in just 01 working day if you get this type of service.
We also recommend that you purchase COVID-19 insurance when going abroad to ensure you maintain your benefits.
- African Republic
- Aland Island
- American Samoa
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bonaire, ST. Eustatus, And Saba
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Bouvet Island
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- British Virgin Islands
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Islands
- Central African Republic