Egypt e-Visa requirements for French citizens
Egypt is well-known for its ancient civilization, which produced many archeological treasures that are still being unearthed today. It is a country steeped in the history of an ancient civilization, revealing how life was organized around a nation that was arguably one of the most technologically advanced for its time. It is also a country through which the famous Nile river flows, bringing life to an African country with a hot climate due to its proximity to the Earth's equator.
There are millions of reasons for traveling to Egypt. To facilitate travel to Egypt, the government of the Arab Republic of Egypt has been examining different alternatives to the standard visa application process. For that reason, Egypt has implemented an Electronic Travel Authorization system to make it easier for tourists from a number of countries to obtain an Egyptian e-Visa.
The online e-Visa for Egypt allows French citizens to apply for their Egyptian e-Visa without visiting a local Egyptian embassy or consulate. Since the entire application process takes place online, it only takes the applicant a few minutes to fill out the application. This can be done from the convenience of your home or office using a phone, computer, or tablet, and the e-Visa is issued through email once the application has been processed.
Types of Egyptian e-Visa for French citizens
Numerous different types of Egyptian e-Visas are available for French citizens, depending on the length of their stay and the reason for their visit. French candidates are advised to research the numerous visas available from the Egyptian government to choose the one that best suits their travel needs.
Travelers from France who want to visit Egypt for tourism can apply for an Egyptian e-Tourist visa. Depending on the length of their stay in Egypt, French tourists can select between a single-entry and multiple-entry tourist e-Visa.
- The Egyptian government offers a single-entry tourist e-Visa that permits passengers to stay in the nation for up to 30 days from their arrival date. This type of online visa is valid for 90 days from the grated date with a single entry only.
- While the multiple-entry tourist e-Visa is valid for six (06) months from the date of grant. With this type of e-visa, French citizens are allowed to enter Egypt as many times as they wish, and have a 30-day stay for each trip.
Egypt visa requirements for French citizens
The Egyptian government establishes some basic requirements for French e-Visa applicants. The following are the Egypt e-Visa requirements for French citizens:
- A valid French passport that is valid for at least six (06) months from the date of entry into Egypt, with 02 blank pages for verification stamps.
- A photograph of your passport's bio page.
- An active email address. The result of your e-Visa application will be sent to this address.
- A current debit/credit card to pay for the visa processing fee.
French citizens must ensure that the information they provide in the Egyptian e-Visa application form is correct, with no erroneous, inaccurate, or misleading information, or else the e-Visa application procedure may be difficult. Failure to give proper information on the Egyptian e-Visa application might lead to visa denial and travel delays.
Apply for an Egypt e-Visa as French citizens
To apply for an Egyptian e-Visa, French travelers must complete an online form. You must provide some personal information, such as:
- Permanent Address
- Phone Number
- Dates/Details of Travel
- Passport Information
To complete the Egyptian e-Visa application, French travelers must pay online with a valid debit/credit card. Once the payment has been made, the application can be submitted to the Egyptian authorities for review.
Egypt e-Visa fee for French citizens
After submitting an Egypt online visa application form as a French citizen, you will be required to pay two types of Egypt e-Visa fees: the government fee and the service fee by electronic payment (Visa, American Express, MasterCard, and PayPal) or wire transfer (HSBC direct bank account).
The government fee is mandatory because France is currently not on Egypt's exemption list.
Concerning the service fee, you currently have three options depending on the processing time you require:
- Normal: By choosing this standard service, you will get your e-visa result within three business days.
- Urgent: By using this service, you will receive your e-visa result within two working days.
- Super Urgent: A good choice for emergencies when you need your e-visa as soon as possible. You'll be able to get your e-visa in just 01 working day if you get this type of service.
We also recommend that you purchase COVID-19 insurance when going abroad to ensure you maintain your benefits.
Egypt Visa Requirements for France Citizens FAQs
Yes, French nationals require a visa to enter Egypt. For both tourist and commercial purposes, a visa is necessary. However, acquiring a visa is a rather simple procedure.
To apply for a visa, French citizens must first complete an online application form on the Egypt Immigration Services website. Personal information such as name, address, and passport data will be required on the form.
After completing the application, the applicant must send it together with a copy of their passport, a passport-sized picture, and the visa fee. The fee can be paid online or at the embassy in person.
A visa application might take up to three working days to process. However, it is usually best to apply ahead of time to avoid any potential delays.
It's also worth mentioning that French people can get a tourist visa on arrival at select Egyptian airports. This option, however, may not be accessible at all airports, so it is important to verify with the embassy before flying.
Yes, you may go to Egypt as a French citizen with only your French ID card. Egypt permits nationals of numerous countries, including France, to enter the country without a visa for up to 90 days. It is essential to remember, however, that travel restrictions and regulations in Egypt can change at any moment, so it is always a good idea to check with your embassy or consulate for the most up-to-date information before booking your trip.
It is critical to ensure that your French ID card is valid and up to date before flying to Egypt with it. You should also bring any appropriate travel papers, such as your passport (if you have one), travel insurance, and any other documentation that may be required.
Check with your airline or travel agency to see if there are any additional requirements for traveling to Egypt. Some airlines, for example, may require you to have a visa or other papers before boarding your journey.
When you arrive in Egypt, you must clear customs and immigration. Assemble all of your travel documentation, as well as any supplies you may require for your trip (such as medication, clothes, or gadgets). You may also be required to complete a customs declaration form or undergo further security screening.
The first step in traveling to Egypt from France is to secure an Egyptian visa. The good news is that the procedure is quite simple and can be performed quickly with the proper information and supervision. Here's how to apply for an Egyptian visa from France, step by step:
- Step 1: Determine the type of visa you need: Egypt offers different types of visas depending on your purpose of travel. If you're traveling for tourism, you'll need a tourist visa. If you're going to Egypt for business purposes, then you'll need a business visa. Other types of visas are also available, such as student visas, work visas, and transit visas.
- Step 2: Check if you're eligible: Before you proceed with the application process, ensuring you're eligible for an Egyptian visa is essential. To qualify for a tourist visa, you must be valid for at least six months from the arrival date.
- Step 3: Gather the necessary documents: To apply for an Egyptian visa, you'll need to provide specific documents, such as a completed visa application form, a copy of your passport, two recent passport-sized photographs, and proof of financial means. You may also be required to provide additional documents, depending on the type of visa you're applying for.
- Step 4: Submit your application: Once you've gathered all the necessary documents, the next step is to submit your application. You can do this in person at the Egyptian embassy or consulate in France or through Egypt Immigration Services. It's essential to check the processing time and fees before submitting your application.
- Step 5: Wait for your visa: After submitting your application, you'll need to wait for your visa to be processed. The processing time may vary depending on the embassy's workload and the type of visa you're applying for. Once your visa is approved, it will be affixed to your passport, and you can proceed with your travel plans.
If you are a French citizen wishing to visit Egypt, you must first get a visa. The good news is that, depending on the purpose of your travel, many types of visas are available. As of now, there are two types of Egypt e-Visa available for French citizens - single-entry e-Visa and multiple-entry e-Visa.
- Single entry Tourist e visa: This visa allows French citizens to enter Egypt only once. Once they have entered Egypt, French citizens can travel freely within the country for up to 30 days. The validity of this visa is 90 days from the issued date.
- Multiple entry Tourist e visa: This visa allows French citizens to enter and leave Egypt with the same visa. It is valid for up to six months from the date of issuance and allows French citizens to stay up to 30 days on each visit.
It's important to note that visa requirements might change anytime, so always verify with the embassy or consulate before you go. Additionally, ensure that your passport is valid for at least six months beyond the date of your intended departure from Egypt.
If you are a French citizen and simply transiting through Egypt, you may not require a visa. Egypt allows travelers from certain countries, including France, to enter without a visa if their stay is limited to 48 hours and they are en route to another destination.
However, it is always advisable to double-check with your airline or travel agency before your departure to Egypt. They will provide precise information regarding the necessary documents for your journey, including visas or any other travel-related paperwork.
If you want a visa for your trip to Egypt, it is crucial to apply well in advance of your travel date. The visa application process can be time-consuming and involve extensive paperwork, so it is recommended to begin the application process as early as possible to avoid any complications or delays.