Egypt e-Visa requirements for Finnish citizens
Egypt established its electronic visa system in 2017 for eligible tourists such as Finnish citizens to facilitate the large number of international visitors who visit Egypt each year.
In 2018, a remarkable 11 million people visited Egypt, boosting the country's tourism economy by 30%. Because there is no need to schedule an appointment with a local embassy or consulate, this simple and easy-to-use online Egypt travel authorization system saves Finnish passport holders both money and time.
Furthermore, because the e-Visa can now be notified directly to the applicant's email address, a Finnish citizen will not need to travel anywhere to receive it.
1. Types of Egypt e-Visas for Finnish citizens
A Finnish citizen can enter Egypt for tourism and sightseeing using an e-Visa. There are two types of Egypt e-Tourist visas available for Finnish citizens entering.
- Single-entry Egypt e-Visa:
The single-entry visas allow a Finnish citizen to enter Egypt once for a maximum of 30 days, with a total visa validity of three months from the date of issuance.
- Multiple-entry Egypt e-Visa:
The multiple-entry visas allow a Finnish citizen to enter Egypt several times for a total stay of 30 days per visit. A multiple-entry visa to Egypt is valid for six months from the date of issuing.
After submitting an online visa application and paying the processing cost, a Finnish national can expect to obtain their approved Egypt e-Visa (multiple entries or single entry) within a few business days.
2. Egypt visa requirements for Finnish citizens
The Egyptian Government has set some Egyptian e-Visa requirements for Finnish citizens to obtain an approved e-Visa to Egypt.
Finnish citizens must guarantee that the following requirements are met:
- A valid Finnish passport. When entering Egypt, the document must be valid for at least six months, with at least 02 unused pages for verification stamps.
- A valid email address to receive the Egypt e-Visa electronically.
- A valid credit/debit card to pay the visa processing fee at the end of the online electronic application process.
Because the electronic Visa is electronically linked to the passport, a Finnish traveler must carry the same passport that was used to apply for Egypt e-Visa. If the legitimate document is replaced before entering Egypt, the granted e-Visa will no longer be valid, and a new application must be submitted.
3. Apply for an Egypt e-Visa as Finnish citizens
To apply for an Egypt e-Visa for Finnish citizens, Finnish applicants need to fill out the form with personal information and passport details, as well as information about travel plans and the purpose of the visit. After that, an online payment needs to be made for the Egypt e-Visa fees. A confirmation email about the visa order is sent to the applicant later. Finnish citizens will be notified of the results within the next few days.
The Egypt visa application will only take about 10-15 minutes to complete, but it is critical to double-check all of the information supplied on the form, notably the email address used to obtain the Egypt visa from Finland. Any inaccuracies in the data submitted may result in the rejection or delay of the e-Visa for Egypt.
After receiving the Egypt online visa in the inbox, the applicant should print a copy to give to Egyptian border control upon arrival.
4. Egypt e-Visa fee for Finnish citizens
There are two types of Egypt visa fees for Finnish citizens that Finnish applicants need to pay in order to receive an Egypt e-Visa: a government fee and a service fee. Because Finland is not on Egypt's e-Visa exemption list, travelers from Finland must pay the government fee.
In terms of service fees, you have three options:
- Normal service: This is the most affordable option. Your Egypt visa will be delivered to you in 03 business days.
- Urgent service: If you select this enhanced option, you will have your e-Visa result within 02 business days.
- Super urgent: If you need your Egypt e-Visa as soon as possible, please contact us. For this type of service, you may anticipate acquiring an Egypt e-Visa within 01 working day.
Finnish citizens can pay their Egypt e-visa fees by electronic transfer (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and PayPal) or wire transfer (HSBC bank transfer).
We also propose that you pay a minimal charge for COVID-19 insurance, which will preserve your benefits while you are in Egypt.