Egypt e-Visa requirements for Danish citizens
Egypt introduced e-Visa for citizens from certain countries, including Denmark. The result is that Danish citizens planning to visit Egypt for tourism purposes will be able to apply for a visa online in a matter of minutes instead of visiting the Egyptian Embassy in Denmark.
Types of Egypt e-Visa for Danish citizens
As previously stated, an Egypt e-visa for Danish citizens may minimize the inconveniences of a tourist visa or short-term stay in general. To be more specific, if you need an Egypt visa for less than 30 days but don't want to waste time and money applying for the casual type, which is only valid for a long amount of stay, an e-Visa is a great option for you. Danish residents applying online for an Egypt e-Visa can choose between a single-entry and multiple-entry e-Visa.
A single-entry visa allows you to enter the country only once and stay there within 30 days from the arrival date. This visa is valid for 03 months from the issued date.
The other option is a multiple-entry Tourist visa. This type of e visa allows Danish travelers to enter the country within 06 months from the date of issuance, with multiple entries. This type of e visa permits a duration of stay up to 30 days for each entry into Egypt.
Egypt visa requirements for Danish citizens
The following are the Egypt visa requirements for Danish citizens seeking an e-Visa.
- To apply for a visa, an applicant must own a Danish passport, and it must be valid for at least six months after entering the country. The traveler will have to apply again with a new passport number in case the current passport expires after receiving the visa.
- To apply for a visa, Danish citizens must apply with the same passport they intend to use for travel to Egypt since the visa is linked to the passport number.
- Denmark's citizens have to pay their Egypt visa fees online. Therefore, applicants must provide valid debit or credit cards.
- An active email address is needed to receive all visa information and to obtain visa approval. The e-Visa is a digital one, but you still need to print it out. Upon entry into Egypt, the Danish passport and the visa in paper form should be presented together.
Apply for an Egypt e-Visa as Danish citizens
The process of obtaining an Egypt e-Visa for Danish citizens is straightforward and effortless. From filling out your e-Visa application, and paying the visa fee to submit it, the entire process only takes a few minutes.
In the application form, travelers from Denmark to Egypt are expected to supply the following personal, passport, and trip information:
- Full first name(s) and family name(s)
- Date and place of birth
- Address, phone number, and email address
- Passport number
- Dates of passport issuance and expiration
- Dates of arrival and departure
After filling out the application form, Danish nationals should double-check all the information they provided. Any mistakes or inaccurate information may result in delays or even denials of the visa application.
Danish citizens will receive the Egypt visa approval via email if all the requirements for the visa are met. Applicants who do not receive a response by that time should check their spam folder and ensure that their email address is accurate.
Egypt visa fee for Danish citizens and payment method
When you choose this type of visa for your trip to Egypt, you can save a substantial amount of money. To be more explicit, the total charge for an Egypt e-visa for Danish citizens is less than the fee for a casual visa type.
When applying for an online visa, you will generally be charged two types of Egypt e-Visa fees: the Government fee and the Service fee. In addition, consider including a small sum of money for COVID-19 insurance to cover your benefits in the event of an emergency.
The government fee is required for Danish applicants because Denmark is not currently on Egypt's exemption list. As a result, as a Danish citizen, you must include this fee in your cart.
The service fee, on the other hand, is changeable and determined by the processing time you select:
- Normal: If you select this service type, you will have your e-visa within three business days.
- Urgent: This higher service allows you to receive your e-visa sooner, as it only takes around 02 working days to complete your e-visa.
- Super Urgent: This is the highest priority you may be granted. You can get your e-visa result within 01 business day if you use this service type.
Payment methods include electronic payments (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and PayPal) and wire transfers (direct transfer to HSBC bank).