Check Egypt visa requirements for Colombian citizens
As part of its efforts to continue improving and streamlining its system of granting visas to foreigners who come from all over the world to visit Egypt, Egypt implemented a new online visa system in 2017. Online visa applications allow tourists from many countries to easily apply for a visa before traveling to Egypt. Before traveling to Egypt, Colombian passport holders must have a valid visa. Colombian residents can apply for an e-Visa online before traveling there.
In this article, travelers can learn about Egypt's e-Visa requirements for Colombian citizens as well as how to apply for a visa online.
Types of Egypt e-Visa for Colombian citizens
Since the Egypt visa application is done online, Colombian travelers are not required to visit an embassy or consulate for months before the date that they intended to travel. Instead, they can apply for an Egypt e-Visa from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection.
Colombian passport holders can choose either a single-entry or multiple-entry visa when applying for the Egypt Tourist e-Visa.
- Egypt Tourist e-visa (single entry): This type of visa allows Colombian visitors to enter Egypt once and stay for up to 30 days from the date of arrival. The validity of this visa is 3 months from the date of issue.
- Egypt Tourist e-visa (multiple entries): A multi-entry visa allows Colombian tourists to enter the Egypt country as many times as they like within 6 months from the date of issuance, but the total number of days per entrance is limited to 30 days.
Please note that these e-visas are not extendable.
Egypt e-Visa requirements for Colombian citizens
Colombian citizens applying for an electronic visa must provide the following information to the Egyptian authorities before visit Egypt:
- Colombian passports must be valid for at least six months from the date of entry into Egypt, with a minimum of two blank pages for entry/exit stamps.
- A copy of the passport biographic page.
- The visa processing charge must be paid with a valid credit or debit card.
- Email address to receive the e-Visa once it has been granted.
Colombian travelers must print the Egypt e-Visa and carry a physical copy with them at all times since they will be required to submit it along with their passports when entering Egypt.
Apply for an Egypt e-Visa as Colombian citizens
Filling out the Egypt visa application form requires Colombians to provide basic personal information, passport information, and information about their trip to Egypt. The Egypt e-Visa requirements for Colombian citizens include:
- Name, date of birth, and nationality which are written on the passport.
- Email address and contact information.
- The number, issue date, and expiration date of a Colombian passport.
- Dates of arrival and departure.
Any information provided must match the information on the Colombian passport. Colombian applicants should carefully review their completed applications before submitting them. Any mistakes could delay processing.
In addition, all Colombian citizens must follow Egyptian Covid-19 regulations in order to protect their safety trip due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We suggest getting Covid-19 insurance before your travel. You can skip this choice based on your situation.
Egypt e-Visa fee for Colombian citizens
If you choose this type of visa for your trip to Egypt, you will save a lot of money. To be more specific, the fee for an Egypt e-visa for Colombian citizens is less than the fee for a casual visa.
There are two types of Egypt e-visa fees: the government fee and the service fee. Consider including a small amount of money for COVID-19 insurance to cover your expenses in the event of an emergency. This insurance may also make obtaining your Egypt e-visa easier.
Currently, Colombia is not on Egypt's exemption list. Therefore, you must pay the government fee as a Colombian citizen. Electronic payments (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and PayPal) are accepted as payment methods.
In contrast, you can choose how much the service fee will be based on the processing time you choose:
- Normal: If you choose this service type, you will receive your e-visa within 03 business days.
- Urgent: Using this enhanced service allows you to receive your e-visa sooner because it only takes less time to process your application. You will receive your e-visa within 02 business days.
- Super urgent: Using this service type, you will receive your e-visa result within 01 business day.