Egypt e-Visa requirements for Austrian citizens
Egypt is a place of wonderful wonders. The ancient Egyptian culture constructed temples, pyramids, monuments, and tombs that still surprise travelers today. Each year, millions of tourists from all over the world visit Egypt to view many of these archaeological monuments and wonder at the insights they provide into a civilisation that was regarded to be one of the most powerful for its time.
The Arab Republic of Egypt's government has now created an electronic travel authorization system that would make applying for and obtaining an Egyptian e-Visa a simpler and more comfortable process. Citizens of Austria can now apply for an Egyptian e-Visa online, eliminating the need to visit an Egyptian embassy or consulate. This new method also helps to quickly travelers to receive an eVisa from weeks to only few days.
1. Types of Egypt e-Visas for Austrian citizens
Austria is one of the countries whose citizens can apply for an Egyptian e-Visa to visit the Arab Republic of Egypt. If a tourist is unsure whether they are eligible to apply for an Egyptian online visa (Egypt e-Visa), they can always contact the nearest Egyptian embassy or consulate for confirmation before submitting the online application form.
Citizens from Austria who want to obtain an Egyptian e-Visa can check through the Egyptian Government's list of different e-Visas. The objective is to choose an e-Visa that best meets their travel requirements. In the case that Austrian visitors want to visit Egypt as tourists, they can apply for an Egyptian tourist e-Visa, which can be obtained as a single-entry or multiple-entry e-Visa.
- The single entrance e-Visa is valid for 03 months from the issued date, allowing Austrian travelers to stay in the country for up to 30 days.
- The multiple-entry online visa is valid for six (06) months from the date of granting. With this type of e visa, tourists can enter the country many times and stay there for 30 days each trip.
2. Egypt visa requirements for Austrian citizens
Austrian citizens entering Egypt on an e-Visa must meet certain fundamental requirements to properly submit an e-Visa application. Among these requirements are:
- Possession of a valid Austrian passport. The passport from Austria must be valid for at least six (06) months from the date of the traveler's entry into Egypt. There must be a minimum of 02 blank pages in the traveler's passport for entry/exit stamps.
- Travelers must also have a valid email address to receive the results of the e-Visa application.
- Finally, a valid debit or credit card for online payments is required.
Visitors from Austria who are worried about the legality of their passports for their journey to Egypt might examine renewing it before completing the application form online.
Travelers are also encouraged to apply for their Egyptian e-Visa ahead of time, preferably a few days before their anticipated date of departure for Egypt, to accommodate for any potential processing delays.
3. Apply for the Egyptian e-Visa as Austrian citizens
Once the traveler has determined that all of the basic Egyptian e-Visa requirements for Austrian citizens have been met, they can begin the application process by completing the online e-Visa application. The Egyptian e-Visa application will request personal information such as the traveler's name, date of birth, country of citizenship, address, phone number, travel details, and passport information.
Austrian travelers are advised to answer these questions truthfully because any incorrect information in the application can complicate the applicant's travel plans. In some cases, applicants may be denied a visa, while in others, their travel plans may be delayed. As a result, in order to avoid any issues, applicants must review the information entered on the form to ensure its accuracy.
4. Egypt e-Visa fee for Austrian citizens
To complete the online application process, you must also pay online via electronic payment (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and PayPal) or wire transfer (direct transfer to HSBC bank).
There are two types of Egypt e-Visa fees when applying for an online visa: the Government fee and the service fee. In addition, to protect your benefits, you should consider adding a small amount for COVID-19 insurance.
The government fee is mandatory because Austria is not currently on Egypt's exemption list.
You have three options to select from for the service fee, based on the timeframe you require:
- Normal: If you select this standard service, you will receive your e-visa result within 03 business days.
- Urgent: You can get your e-Visa result in as little as 02 working days if you use this service option.
- Super Urgent: Recommend for emergencies when you need a visa as soon as possible. If you choose this service, you will receive your e-visa result in just 01 working day.