Egypt e-Visa requirements for Australian citizens
Nearly 9,000 Australians visited Egypt in 2018, and the figure is set to climb further. Egypt, with many world-famous tourist destinations: the Great Pyramid of Giza, and the Valley of the Tombs of the Kings, ... can provide Australian residents with excitement.
In exchange, Egypt is making things easier for Australian citizens by establishing the Egyptian e-Visa system. The online travel authorization (also known as the e-Visa) is applied for, processed, and issued entirely online. That avoids the need to visit Egypt embassies or consulates all over the world and wait in long lines.
In this article, Australian citizens can learn how to apply for and receive an Egyptian e-Visa. As well as how to get to an extremely popular tourist spot in the Middle East.
Types of Egypt e-Visas for Australian citizens:
The first step in applying for an Egyptian e-Visa for Australian citizens is determining which Egyptian visa type is best for the Australian applicant's trip.
For Australian citizens, there are two kinds of Egyptian tourist e-Visas:
- The single-entry e-Visa permits Australians to enter Egypt once and remain for as much as 30 days from the arrival date. This type of Egyptian e-Visa has a 90-day validity period with a single entry. This means that if an Australian visitor leaves the country before their 30 days are up, they will have to file a new application if they want to return to Egypt.
- The multi-entry e-Visa allows Australians to travel to and from Egypt with greater flexibility. Australian tourists visiting Egypt with this type of e-Visa will be able to enter the nation multiple times within the six-month validity period, but they will not possess the ability to stay in the country for more than 30 days for each trip.
Egypt visa requirements for Australian citizens:
Each Australian applicant must provide some documents and personal information to the Egyptian authorities. Australian citizens must have the following documents to travel:
- A valid Australian passport. Passports must be active for a minimum of six (06) months after the passenger arrives in Egypt, with at least 02 unused pages for entry/exit stamps.
- A valid email address to receive the result of the visa application.
- A valid debit or an active credit card to pay the cost of the application online.
Australians traveling to Egypt with minors should be aware that youngsters require an Egypt electronic visa as well.
Apply for an Egypt e-Visa as a citizen from Australia:
The application form for an Egyptian e-Visa from Australia is quite basic and clear. The majority of candidates just need about 15 minutes to complete it.
When filling out the online form, Australians will be asked for personal information and passport information:
- Full name of the traveler from Australia
- Date of their birth
- Place of residence
- Contact information
- Passport number
- The number on a passport
It is important to print a hard copy of the online travel authorization and keep it with your passport from Australia. Border officials will ask you to present it upon your arrival in the country.
Australians should apply for an e-Visa well in advance of their trip to avoid problems, delays, or last-minute rejections.
Egypt e-Visa fee for Australian citizens:
When you choose this type of visa for your trip to Egypt, you can save a substantial amount of money. To be more specific, the total fee for an Egypt e-visa for Australian citizens is less than the fee for a casual visa type.
When applying for an e-Visa, you will typically be charged two types of Egypt e-Visa fees: the Government fee and the service fee. We also advise you to add a small sum of money for COVID-19 insurance to cover your benefits in the event of an emergency.
The government fee is required in this case because Australia is not currently on Egypt's exemption list. As a result, as an Australian citizen, you must pay this fee.
The service fee, on the other hand, is adjustable and determined by the processing time you select:
- Normal: If you select this service type, you will receive your e-Visa within three business days.
- Urgent: This enhanced service allows you to receive your e-Visa sooner. It only takes about 02 business days to complete your e-Visa.
- Super urgent: This is the highest level of priority you can have. You can get your e-Visa result within 01 business day if you use this service type.
Payment method: You can pay by electronic transfer (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and PayPal) or wire transfer (direct transfer to HSBC bank).